Deep Learning Research Engineer - Prediction
- 11 Allstate Pkwy, Markham, ON L3R 5Y1, Canada
About Noah’s Ark Lab: The Noah’s Ark Lab is the AI research division for Huawei Technologies, with offices in Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Beijing, Shanghai, Xi’an, London, Paris, Moscow, Toronto, Montreal, and Edmonton. As a world class research lab, we dare to address the most fundamental challenges in AI so as to revolutionize the ways in which people work and live, and the ways in which companies do business for the better. Founded in 2012, the lab has now grown to cover all major areas of contemporary AI research. We welcome talented researchers, engineers and students to join us to realize our shared AI dreams.
We are looking for Machine Learning (ML) Engineer who is passionate about applying ML techniques to autonomous driving systems.
This role involves working close with a team of experienced researchers to design state-of-the-art predictive/generative ML algorithms with a particular focus on Deep Learning (DL). The research has the potential to be applied to real world challenges. The objective is to evaluate the developed algorithms on common benchmark suites, in internal simulated environments and potentially on real vehicles and robots. The applicants are expected to publish their research results at top tier machine learning, computer vision, or robotic conferences.
As a member of the prediction team you will be in charge of modeling and predicting road users’ behavior in to the company’s products.
· PhD degree in computer science or related fields (Exceptional candidates with undergraduate degree will be considered);
· Strong research background in artificial intelligence and machine learning;
· Proficiency in common programming languages (such as Python, C/C++, etc.);
· Research background in time sequence analysis tasks such as tracking, activity recognition and prediction;
· Familiarity with LIDAR and RGB image data and various perception tasks is preferred;
· Hands-on experience with recurrent neural networks and generative algorithms is a plus;
· Hands-on experience in robotics and sensor fusion is a plus;
· Experience with one or more mainstream deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch and Keras is a plus.
Mandarin is a plus.