AI Researcher Intern (PhD student)
- 8215 112 St NW, Edmonton, AB T6G 2C8, Canada
About Noah’s Ark Lab: The Noah’s Ark Lab is the AI research division for Huawei Technologies, with offices in Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Beijing, Shanghai, Xi’an, London, Paris, Moscow, Toronto, Montreal, and Edmonton. As a world class research lab, we dare to address the most fundamental challenges in AI so as to revolutionize the ways in which people work and live, and the ways in which companies do business for the better. Founded in 2012, the lab has now grown to cover all major areas of contemporary AI research. We welcome talented researchers, engineers and students to join us to realize our shared AI dreams.
We are looking for passionate researchers who are currently in enrolled in a PhD program and interested in designing and developing modern reinforcement learning (RL), deep learning (DL), and AI algorithms that can be applied to robots. This role is with Noah’s Ark Lab where students will have the opportunity to develop new AI algorithms that have real world applications. This role involves
· Working closely with senior researchers to develop AI algorithms for robotics, autonomous driving and other applications
· Developing supporting theory and/or experimental evidence of improvement in proposed algorithms in fields such as in RL and DL
· Must be enrolled in a PhD program in a field relating to AI and Machine Learning such as Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Statistics
· Must have advanced research experience in two or more of the following areas: deep learning, robotics, computer vision, stochastic control, machine learning, general value functions, and reinforcement learning
· Solid programmer in Python
· Experience with one or more mainstream deep learning frameworks such as TensorFlow, Caffe, MXNet, Torch, PyTorch and Keras is a plus.