NLP R&D Researcher
- 19 Allstate Pkwy, Markham, ON L3R 5B4, Canada
Huawei is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. With integrated solutions across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services – we are committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
At Huawei, innovation focuses on customer needs. We invest heavily in basic research, concentrating on technological breakthroughs that drive the world forward. We have more than 180,000 employees, and we operate in more than 170 countries and regions. Founded in 1987, Huawei is a private company fully owned by its employees.
About Huawei Canada
Huawei Canada helps connect Canadians to world-leading high-speed wireless Internet – and supplies them with cutting-edge smart devices. In partnership with Canadian telecommunications providers, we work to bring the benefits of a reliable and secure digital experience to every person, home and organization, including those in rural and remote areas of the country. Huawei first came to Canada in 2008. Today, the company employs more than 1,100 Canadians in research and development, IT, sales and other fields. Huawei Canada is an active supporter of many charitable and community initiatives from coast to coast.
As an NLP (Natural Language Processing) researcher, you will work on exciting projects that develop AI technologies to solve NLP problems in various real-world applications, such as smart customer service, health/personal assistance, news summarization, etc. Your talent in conducting innovative research and development will certainly be fulfilled in your daily work. If you love challenges as a researcher in a R&D group, this position will keep your passion ongoing. You will certainly find out so much of what you do can positively impact the world via this position and meanwhile so much of what you will learn every day from the job.
- Collect and analyze NLP requirements from customers and/or potential applications.
- Conduct research of relevant/emerging AI technologies (e.g., deep learning frameworks) and propose the best of breeds solutions to meet the specific NLP requirements.
- Develop proof of concepts to assess proposed AI solutions for their applicability.
- Publish relevant AI research papers, file patents when necessary and approved, and attend conferences for increasing public awareness of Huawei’s products.
- Implement AI solutions for commercialization and/or integration of the NLP applications.
- Team with other departments (e.g., hardware, big data) and provide specific feedbacks to them for improvement.
- Assist the team lead on planning of projects and definition of technology/products development road map.
- Guide junior members to accomplish their project tasks.
- Bachelor/Master/PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math/Statistics, focusing on AI & Machine Learning/Deep Learning.
- 3+ years’ working experience in natural language processing (NLP).
- Machine learning with working knowledge of Machine Learning/Deep Learning APIs.
- Hands-on experience with deep learning frameworks such as Tensorflow/PyTorch/MXNet/Theano/Keras/Caffe/Caffe2.
- Hands-on skills in Python/C++ programming.
- Experience in Linux command line.
- Good documentation skills in writing internal reports and/or publishing research papers.
- Working experience in big data processing.
- Experience with speech recognition and dialogue systems.
- Model deployment with containerization tools such as Docker.
- Solid Software development skills.
We thank all applicants for their interest in career opportunities with Huawei. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.