- 901 Carling Ave, Ottawa, ON K1Y 4E3, Canada
Honey is an established and well know construction company that is in an exciting/rapid-growth phase. We have an amazing opportunity for an experienced Site Supervisor to join our Large Projects Division
We have over 31 years business experience, we have a clear mission: do great work and love our people.
Your role is an opportunity to do great work with a next-level team at a place where you’ll love to work.
The ideal candidate will have a vast understanding of commercial construction, be organized, detail-oriented, driven to win and portray a high level of excellence.
- Develop and maintain excellent relationships with trade contractors, consultants, designers and clients
- Coordinate professional trade contractors on a day-to-day basis
- Monitor daily progress of the construction schedule to ensure project is completed within client’s timelines
- Able to visualize the entire project and anticipate issues and embed solutions in the plans / schedules
- Inspect trade contractor work to ensure it meets established performance and quality standards. Ensure the quality of work is something you are proud of!
- Supervision of the full construction duties as assigned for each project including;
- reading of architectural and mechanical drawings
- communication with client as needed.
- communication with Project Manager on issues and progress
- communication with trades on change order requests
- Responsible for site safety and for enforcing Ministry of Labour regulations and O.N. Site Construction Safety Policy
- Perform hands-on demolition, carpentry, general construction support if required
- Manage the overall worksite to ensure cleanliness and appearance of the site
- Role reports to Senior Management
- A minimum of 3 to 5 years of construction supervision experience required
- Ability to work flexibility hours including evenings and weekends
- Must have valid driver’s license and a vehicle to travel to and from job sites - preferably a truck
- Must be able to read and thoroughly understand architectural and mechanical drawings
- Monitor and enforce WSIB compliance
- Must have current knowledge of Ontario Occupational Health & Safety regulations and legislations
- Post-secondary education in Construction Management, Architectural Science or Engineering is preferred
- Annual salary is based on your experience, skill, and level of contribution.
- Fuel Card
- Comprehensive health and dental plan
Our President’s Manifesto
“I’ve invested my life in pursuit of something better, something great; to leave this place better than when we got here.
Honey exists, because of our clients. We are here to serve them, meet their needs, and build something great with them.
I trust we will have a chance to work with you and do great work together.”
-- Doug Assaly, President & CEO
How We Work
At Honey, our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower and Faith of all our people, who are organised in teams. We find organizing into teams keeps us closest to our clients, which empowers our people to act fast and invest the majority our time in serving our clients.
You’ll experience radical new levels of ownership and empowerment within your role.
Perks of the Job
Making Ottawa a better place by constructing libraries, restaurants, homes, businesses, and government buildings - pretty cool, huh?
Involvement in community initiatives like Inner City Ministries events and volunteer work
The opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our clients, clients’ tenants, and clients’ customers
Applying Is Easy
If you're the Site Supervisor who has the ability to transform the good into great, then simply click “I'm Interested” or apply at: www.HoneyConstruction.ca/careers/
One of our talented recruiters will be in touch with you shortly.
Because we are ambitiously focused on growing, we will only be allocating time to contact applicants which we select for an interview.
Thank you for reading and applying to our job post. Now, we look forward to working with you.
Please refrain from calling us because we've invested substanially in our in-house hiring and recruiting team. Seriously, no need to call us. Thank you.