Carpenter Job Ottawa
- 901 Carling Ave, Ottawa, ON K1Y 4E3, Canada
We of Honey Construction Ltd are looking for a full-time Carpenter with great attention to detail, responsible and skilled in Ottawa. We’re looking for a Lead Carpenter (Jr Carpenters will report to you) to work with our Project Managers to complete commercial and residential renovations.
You will be rewarded with:
- 6 month probationary period $24-$30/hr
- Fuel Card
Follwing 6 month probationary period:
- $55,000 - $75,000 annual salary. Range is based on your experience, skill, and level of contribution.
- Fuel Card
- Comprehensive health and dental plan (a $2000 value)
- Matched pension contribution plan for up to 4% of your salary (a $2200 to $3000 value)
Qualities, skills and background you bring:
- A minimum of 7 years of experience in the local residential construction/development industry, with a minimum 3 years in a similar position.
- Completion of a Red Seal Certification, Project Management, Construction, Building Technology Diploma is an asset.
- Insure company and customer satisfaction through professional appearance, expert workmanship and polite communication.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Supervise the activities of the company’s field carpenters and/or independent subcontractors, which include oral and written communication as needed.
- Responsible for tracking the progress and any needs of the projects under his or her supervision and reporting to the Project Manager.
- Work well under the pressure of tight deadlines.
- Be highly organized with an ability to focus on attention to detail.
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics, field drawings and plans.
- A solid understanding of all construction trades and construction techniques.
- Effectiveness in the areas of construction safety and productivity.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety regulations and related Building Codes.
- Able to effectively communicate, both verbally and in written form and with all types of staff, including laborers, technical, professional, and upper management.
Your Character - And Ours
High-Integrity. Your strength comes from a foundation of integrity, honesty, humility, and respect.
Generous. You are here to give, and generously live the law of “a man soweth, that shall he also reap.” (Galatians 6:7-9)
Innovative. Continuously question “the how” and “the why” in pursuit of radically new and improved ways of being, doing, and thinking.
Proactive. Take the reins to ensure your “missions” and life’s purpose are being fulfilled.
Collaborative. You love working with your team and those throughout Honey in order to achieve client excellence.
A Bit About Honey Construction
We have over 31 years business experience, we have a clear mission: do great work and love our people.
Your role is an opportunity to do great work with a next-level team at place where you’ll love to work.
Our President’s Manifesto
“I’ve invested my life in pursuit of something better, something great; to leave this place better than when we got here.
Honey exists, because of our clients. We are here to serve them, meet their needs, and build something great with them.
I trust we will have a chance to work with you and do great work together.”
-- Doug Assaly, President & CEO
How We Work
At Honey, our strategy emerges from the collective brainpower and Faith of all our people, who are organised in teams. We find organizing into teams keeps us closest to our clients, which empowers our people to act fast and invest the majority our time in serving our clients.
You’ll experience radical new levels of ownership and empowerment within your role.
Perks of the Job
Making Ottawa a better place by constructing libraries, restaurants, homes, businesses, and government buildings - pretty cool, huh?
Involvement in community initiatives like Inner City Ministries events and volunteer work
The opportunity to see the direct impact of your work on our clients, clients’ tenants, and clients’ customers
Applying Is Easy
If you're the Lead Carpenter who has the ability to transform the good into great, then simply click “I'm Interested” or apply at: www.HoneyConstruction.ca/careers/
One of our talented recruiters will be in touch with you shortly.
Because we are ambitiously focused on growing, we will only be allocating time to contact applicants which we select for an interview.
Thank you for reading and applying to our job post. Now, we look forward to working with you.
Please refrain from calling us because we've invested substanially in our in-house hiring and recruiting team. Seriously, no need to call us. Thank you.