- Corn St, Bristol BS1, UK
- Shift Patterns: Full flexibility required
We’re on a mission to create more Honest experiences, and we’d love you to join us. We’re craftspeople. People who think and do. People who take pride in what we make. People who are always striving to make it better.
Tom & Phil set up Honest Burgers from a tent, serving burgers and chips at parties and festivals. We’ve now got over 45 restaurants across the UK. We make British beef patties in our own butchery and rosemary chips that are cut and cooked daily in our chipping room. Every restaurant serves local beers from neighbouring breweries, and many of our restaurants serve local burgers using ingredients from nearby food heroes. We’re proud of what we’ve achieved over the last 10 years, but we’re even more excited about what we're aiming to achieve in the future.
Old School Hospitality:
Old School Hospitality is our phrase for the type of hospitality we believe in. To create social connections and be a place our customers love and trust, and our Restaurateurs (General Managers) bring this to life.
Our food is always fresh, never frozen, we serve our beef medium-pink, which means there's an art to cooking burgers and chips the Honest way, but it’s just as important that the same level of care and pride is delivered from the whole team in everything we do.
Honest is a place where you collaborate with your community, and let your entrepreneurial spirit shine. We’re purposely unstructured, so we’ll never drown you with pointless KPI’s or checklists and we’re at our best when we give people the space to be authentic and autonomous. So as a Restaurateur, we encourage you to take risks, try new ideas, self-learn and create a local legacy.
We think the best hospitality comes out when you can be yourself at work, which is why we don’t wear uniform, we won’t tell you what hairstyle you’re allowed and we think tattoos and piercings bring out your individuality.
We do our best to create flexible shift patterns which are fair for everybody, but our restaurants are busiest during the evening and weekends, so more times than not – that’s when you’ll likely choose to work.
Honest by Nature:
- £35,000 salary & partnership bonus
- 45 hours a week contract
- Wagestream membership. This means you can claim 50% of your wages as you earn them
- Vitality membership, including free GP, physio & talking therapy sessions
- Discounts at local gyms and online wellness apps (through Vitality)
- VIB burgers: Bring up to 4 friends every month to any Honest Burgers. The food and the first round of drinks are on us
- Take your birthday off work fully paid
- Free food every shift you work
- Cycle to work scheme
- Team and company parties to celebrate life at Honest
- The best use of technology and a learning platform to develop your skills inside and outside of Honest. We call that ‘life skills’ and ‘knife skills’
We want everybody applying to work at Honest to feel like they’ve had a fair chance. This means your name, age, race or gender doesn’t need to be on your CV. If you’d rather take it off, that’s cool with us.
What happens next?
If you’re successful, you’ll be invited to an Honest experience shift. There’ll be group assessment activities, an opportunity to meet the team and learn more about life working at Honest.