Senior Frontend Engineer
- Katameya, Cairo, Egypt
Homzmart is an end to end community that connects home professionals with homeowners who can browse home designs, furniture, accessories and products and also can find reviews, referring professionals, take advice from professionals and read articles about home improvement.
- Bring creative ideas for existing and future products/services.
- Take part in designing, building, and maintaining our online platforms serving thousands of users every day.
- Tackle new challenges in different system areas (architecture, access control, data handling, caching, performance tuning).
- Implement the required features using the team stack. e.g. Vue.js, Nuxt.js, React.js, HTML, CSS.
- Determine the structure and design of web pages.
- Take ownership of new features and modules; study them, and work on them along with other teammates.
- Develop functional and sustainable web applications with clean codes.
- Develop features to enhance the user experience.
- Strike a balance between functional and aesthetic design.
- Ensures web design is optimized for smartphones.
- Build reusable code for future use.
- Optimize application for Search engine (SEO).
- Validate input before submitting to the backend team
- Remove the errors and bugs in the applications and make them better for the user.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field is preferred.
- Very good communication skills.
- Excellent level of attention to details.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Good level of English language.
- 5 - 7 years of experience in the same field.
- Proficiency with HTML/CSS , including concepts like layout, specificity, how the browser works and cross browser compatibility.
- Familiarity with React Native and mobile development.
- Familiarity with modern CSS features (e.g SVG, CSS Grid, Flexbox).
- Working with popular Vue.js workflows (such as Nuxt.js)
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs
- Familiarity with modern web platform APIs (like Canvas, local storage, Geolocation, service workers, ...etc)
- Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
- Familiarity with software automated testing (unit, functional, end-to-end). Writing modular and testable code.
- Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
- Good understanding of HTTP.
- Familiarity with code versioning tools GitHub
- Experience with responsive and adaptive design.
- Comfortable using the terminal, Linux environments, and Docker.
- Understanding of SEO principles.