Frontend Team Lead
- Katameya, Cairo, Egypt
Homzmart is an end to end community that connects home professionals with homeowners who can browse home designs, furniture, accessories and products and also can find reviews, referring professionals, take advice from professionals and read articles about home improvement.
We’re looking for a Frontend Team Lead who will be responsible for designing, developing, testing, and
debugging responsive, performance-in-minded web and mobile applications for Homzmart. The Frontend
Team Lead should be proficient and/or knowledgeable in new web technologies and must have experience
handling resources / manpower.
Duties and tasks:
● Manage / Recruit the Frontend Developers and build his / her own team.
● Ability to do client facing work and mentor / grow other team members.
● Active involvement in all projects in his / her Squad.
● Experience in handling a dedicated team and managing deliverables.
● Determines the structure and design of web pages.
● Ensures user experience determines design choices.
● Develops features to enhance the user experience.
● Strikes a balance between functional and aesthetic design.
● Ensures web design is optimized for smartphones.
● Builds reusable code for future use.
● Optimizes web pages for maximum speed and scalability and performance.
● Creates tools that enhance the user's website experience.
● Fixes any website issues or bugs that arise.
● Optimizes application for Search engine (SEO).
● Validates input before submitting to backend.
● Designs mobile-based features.
● Ensures the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
● Bachelor in computer science /engineering.
● 6+ years of frontend development experience.
● Good knowledge of HTML5/CSS3, LESS/SASS, and BEM methodology.
● Understanding of Vue.js and its core principles
● Knowledge of Agile software development practices.
● Proficient in writing meaningful tests with at least one front-end testing framework.
● Experience with browser APIs, optimization of Frontend performance and familiarity with
● Experience with RESTful APIs.
● Good understanding of agile and scrum methodologies.
● Experience in PWA and specifically Service Worker.
● Experience in benchmarking and optimization.
● Experience mentoring and coaching junior developers.
● Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript.
● Familiarity with code versioning tools GitHub, Bitbucket
● Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
● Understanding of SEO standards and best practices and performance-in-minded web
development is a must.