Software Quality Assurance Manager
- Katameya, Cairo, Egypt
Homzmart is an end to end community that connects home professionals with homeowners who can browse home designs, furniture, accessories and products and also can find reviews, referring professionals, take advice from professionals and read articles about home improvement.
We are looking for a QA Manager to design, lead and manage the QA and testing practices of our highly integrated agile teams.
You will be responsible for leading and managing the integrated QA processes across the stack (mobile and web, backend services, workflow, integration, DevOps). Our QA activities and members are integrated within our agile squads and contribute to all stages of the agile process starting from discovery and design all the way to release and support. We rely
heavily on software test automation especially in regression and load testing. So you will be responsible for test automation design, development and maintenance.
- Define the overall Quality Assurance principles, guidelines, and standards for testing software products and solutions and document it in the “QA Playbook”.
- Present, communicate and educate the QA team (and the wider team) on the “QA Playbook”.
- Manage the development of standards for functional and non-functional testing, regression and load testing as well as test automation.
- Design, select, develop and implement the required testing management and automation tools.
- Work with the QA Engineers within the various teams (squads) to ensure sufficient test coverage for both manual and automated test cases.
- Review and ensure the quality and completeness of test cases.
- Ensure that the QA team is able to find software defects as early as possible in the development process.
- Participate in the requirements specification phase to ensure requirements/user flows are clear, complete and unambiguous.
- Participate in defining the “Definitions of Done” for user stories and requirements.
- Oversee and coach teams of Software Testing Engineers.
- Coordinate with the Product and Design Directors to align and drive the end-to-end project delivery.
- Play an active role in our engineering community sharing your learning and celebrating progress made by other members and teams.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent
- 8+ years experience planning, designing and managing software quality assurance and testing.
- Solid experience in testing of distributed/scalable systems
- Proven track record in leading and managing sizable QA teams in a product development organization
- Active learner passionate about new technologies to meet technical requirements and keep up with industry trends and innovations
- Natural tendency to be thorough and ability to plan and structure and organize work
- Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in an agile organization
- Experienced in SCRUM and testing practices in agile development teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for internal alignment and client communication