Software Engineering Manager
- Katameya, Cairo, Egypt
Homzmart is an end to end community that connects home professionals with homeowners who can browse home designs, furniture, accessories and products and also can find reviews, referring professionals, take advice from professionals and read articles about home improvement.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams of multidisciplinary engineers
- Aligns with other teams on project scope, domain and boundaries
- Analyzes and identifies possible project delays and reports to stakeholders
- Mentorship - ability to successfully transfer knowledge
- Able to decrypt unclear stakeholder requirements and drives for clarity to ensure right problem is addressed
- Solid experience building large-scale applications using modern programming languages (e.g. Python, PHP, Java, Go, etc.).
- Wide experience in different technology stacks, tools, and practices such as DevOps.
- Solid experience in designing, implementing, monitoring and scaling of web apps and APIs preferably in PHP/Python/Java
- Experience building mobile apps in iOS or Android.
- Experience working within Agile practices and knowledge of Agile values & principles
- Proficient in unit-testing, TDD, BDD/ATDD
- Experience with cloud platforms preferably AWS
- Experience working on high-traffic and large-scale web/mobile products and strong understanding of scalability and high availability systems.
- Solid experience of building applications in distributed systems architecture (Microservices, Event-Driven, SOA and RESTful Services) on AWS
- Experience working with relational and NoSQL databases (e.g. MySQL, PostgreSQL, Redis, MongoDB).
- Experience with CI/CD tools and techniques.
- Ensures quality, performance, monitoring, alerting and security using best practices
- 8+ years of experience in software engineering
- 3+ years of hands-on technical leadership and people management experience
- You have strong software engineering skills with strong competencies in design & architecture.
- Working knowledge of at least one of these Python, PHP, Java.
- Deep understanding of how to build scalable distributed systems
- Deep understanding Software Development Life Cycle Management (SDLC)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, Fellowship, or work experience.
- You’ll have several years of serving in either an engineering management role or a senior engineering team lead role.
- Demonstrate ability to run and improve technical development processes