Customer Support Manager
- 1593 Spring Hill Road Suite 400, Tysons Corner, VA
- Employees can work remotely
At HomeValet we're building a team to revolutionize the e-commerce delivery experience. As part of our team, you'll have the opportunity to help build a product and platform that will be used daily by millions of consumers in the US and across the world. Our platform provides contactless home delivery of groceries, packages, and medicine, connecting online retailers and couriers with a secure, temperature-controlled Smart Box outside of consumers' homes.
HomeValet is a remote-first company with offices in Tysons Corner, VA and Evansville, IN.
It’s an exciting time to come aboard -- you’ll have the opportunity to jump in as our first customer service manager to build and shape the customer service team and operations from the ground up. You will closely with product owners, both software and hardware engineering teams, our partners and company leadership to execute on a best in class customer service strategy and systems. We fully expect our customers to love our product and love our support when they need help. Your goal is to make every support contact a successful one in the eyes of our customer!
The ideal candidate will have proven experience working in a customer service position, with excellent knowledge of the latest industry trends and technology offerings. In addition to being an excellent communicator (written and verbal), you will also demonstrate strong leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ensure an excellent HomeValet customer service experience. Provide direct support to customers initially, and hire customer service staff when needed
- Create customer support content for help desk and related needs
- Develop and implement scalable hiring processes and training programs as the team grows
- Implement, manage, and configure the HomeValet helpdesk platform. Add support channels that fit HomeValet customers' needs
- Establish and monitor performance indicators using appropriate metrics/KPIs, including performance, quality review, and customer satisfaction
- Implement customer feedback loop
- Implement policies and processes (returns, warranty, etc) that deliver a superior customer experience
- Previous management/supervisory experience: a track record of implementing CS technology, prioritizing, strategizing, hiring, and training
- Comfort/enjoyment working at a fast-growing startup company
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on rapport-building, listening, and questioning skills
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Comfortable in collaborative environments
- Passion for driving an exceptional customer service orientation
- Previous consumer electronics experience, IoT devices and reverse logistics processes
- Familiarity with systems like Zendesk, Shopify and Jira
HomeValet offers a competitive employee compensation and benefits package that includes base salary, medical, dental, and vision insurance, life insurance, 401k program, and starts employees with 20 days of PTO.
HomeValet is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.