Elderly home care jobs
- Weston-super-Mare, UK
- Date Advert Closes: 06 January 2022
Elderly Care Assistant
Home Instead is the world's largest non-medical care services and companionship service provider for seniors. We are incredibly proud of our level of care, including one-hour minimum visits, award-winning training, and a fantastic reputation.
Home Instead Weston super Mare has a person-centred approach to care. We pair our CAREGivers with our clients based on shared interests and activities, which helps us form trusting relationships and deliver an individualised quality of care.
Pay & benefits:
- £10.20 / £11.25 per hour weekends and increased pay bank holidays
- Paid holiday, pension scheme and a range of company benefits – High street discounts &, Employee Assistance Programme
- Refer a friend bonus scheme
- 35p per mile / 45p per client mile
- Regular staff social night, team meetings and get togethers.
Do you wish to help older adults and make a meaningful impact in your community?
Consider becoming a Home Instead CAREGiver and assisting seniors with their daily living during this difficult time and afterwards.
To become a CAREGiver, you don't need any prior experience or qualifications. However, prior experience working in a caring environment or dealing with seniors would be advantageous.
This might be through personal experiences, such as caring for a family member, from volunteer work or nursing homes.
Join Our Friendly Team to Provide Quality of Life
Working in elderly care needs a wonderful person and may not be suitable for everyone. We are looking for someone that:
- Has a strong desire to help people and take pride in providing exceptional service.
- Is dependable, trustworthy, and courteous.
- Likes making professional friendships and will feel at ease spending time with elderly people.
- Wants to support vulnerable people in making sure their voice is heard.
Job Tasks & Description
As an elderly caretaker, your job is primarily to assist elderly people with quality care with their daily tasks.
We've put up a list of some of the most popular positions in the adult social care business to give you a better sense of the kind of duties anticipated throughout the many areas of aged care.
- Collecting medications, minor housework, monitoring food expiration dates, pet care, home maintenance, shopping, and collecting prescriptions are all things that may be done at home.
- Become a companion, promote discussion, set reminders for medications, social activities, and outings, and stimulate and encourage activities such as walking, hobbies, and diet and eating monitoring.
- Delivering medicine reminders, washing, clothing, and grooming - please note that some jobs are light personal care and may consist of simply being present to reassure rather than providing personal care.
- Assistance with morning and evening services, continence care, dressing and bathing, drinking, and medication reminders.
- Meal preparation and consumption - You may be required to cook meals for the person in your care on a regular basis. In rare situations, you may also be required to aid with food consumption.
- Dementia Care in their familiar surroundings.
- Be a Personal Assistant and support an individual to live an active life.
- Palliative Care.
Why work for Home Instead?
Home Instead is a care agency that provides a wide range of senior care services, including residential care, elderly care, and personal care, without the individual having to move to a care home. The clients can choose a care plan that fits in with their daily activities and everyday tasks.
If you're searching for a job that's both fulfilling and satisfying, a care assistant could be for you.
- We have zero-hour contracts that may progress to guaranteed average hour contracts ranging from 16 to 20 hours per week with various set schedules.
- Visits with clients of at least one hour and regularly are required.
- Client and CAREGiver matching service includes paid shadowing, introductions, and training.
- Flexible Hours.
- The CQC report gave us a ‘GOOD’ overall rating with ‘OUTSTANDING’ in the Care category.
- Responsive Employer.
We welcome applications from people from all walks of life as we want to reflect the communities in which we operate. Home Instead is dedicated to ensuring the safety and well-being of elders, and all employees are expected to share this dedication. This position is subject to heightened disclosure under the DBS.