Train in Care for your community - Otford, Kent
- Otford, Sevenoaks, UK
- Employees can work remotely
- Date Advert Closes: 21st October 2021
Home Instead is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. We match our CAREGivers to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies to help build bonds of trust and enables us to provide personalised support.
We are looking at individuals from any background who would like to re-train as a Home Instead CAREGiver. We are an award-winning care provider who need special individuals who are really looking to make a difference and help to look after our elderly community.
You will be matched to clients and will then remain in charge of their care for the duration of their journey with Home Instead. Each client is an individual therefore, they will want you to help them in a bespoke way. You will be trained to deliver all types of care and prepared for your role by shadowing other senior CAREGivers.
Daily Duties (will vary from client-client)
· Personal care, ensuring hygiene standards are being met
· Medication – Prompting or assisting with medications
· Meal preparation (breakfast, lunch & dinner)
· Organising and attending various external appointments with your client
· Light Housekeeping
· Strict record keeping
· Liaising with office staff
· Socialising and providing companionship/building friendships with your client
· Providing various entertaining activities to keep your clients happy
· Shopping, pharmacy pick-ups, and other external visits
· Attending on-going training & staff events
· Minimum, maximum hours or Flexible zero-hour contracts available. Pick when you can work!
· £10.50 - £11.50 per hour, plus 25p mileage expenses.
· Double Pay Bank Holiday rate.
· Uncapped extra bonus earnings of £250 for bringing in new business
· Full Training – achieve your Care certificate before you start.
· Access to 24hr counselling with our employee assistance programme.
· You will need to be available 1 weekend day on alternate weekends to cover your own Clients.
· Full PPE provided to all our CAREGivers
· A COVID-19 safe organisation, with daily & weekly testing with fast access to the COVID-19 Vaccine.
· We welcome applications from all age groups (No upper Limit) and previous occupations.
· Enhanced DBS – Fully Refunded after 3 months service
· Rural areas so access to own car is preferable
Home Instead is rated one of the top small employers to work for. This is because of our high-quality training programme, our supportive management team, and the fact we all love working alongside you in care!
UK Carers are fantastic and if you want to make a real difference then re-train with Home Instead.
Our CAREGivers are paid a top competitive hourly rate, and with uncapped bonus opportunities we really are a great place to work.
If you are applying for this role, please be aware you will need to attend a two-day training course, provide us with references and pass a DBS. This process is standard practice for working in Health care and is essential to make our new CAREGivers confident and competent in their role.
If you want to chat more about joining our team, please give our friendly office a call 01959 546228. Thank you!
As a CAREGiver, you will receive industry leading training, great rates of pay and excellent support.
If you're looking for work which is extremely rewarding and satisfactory and have a high-degree of flexibility to meet our clients' needs, we would love to hear from you. Please click on 'I'm Interested'.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.