Care Assistant / CAREGiver - Wincanton, Gillingham
- Gillingham, UK
- Date Advert Closes: 24th October 2021
Home Instead is an award-winning care provider that is changing the way individuals are cared for in the community. Our emphasis is on slow, authentic care that improves a person's quality of life in a holistic way.
Our Mission is to achieve the highest quality of life for the older and vulnerable members of our community. This means providing basic care but also designing activities to keep people engaged and confident, as well as transforming the experience of ageing our communities. We are looking for people to join our mission.
IT'S NOT WORKING, IT'S CARING WITH HOME INSTEAD
A wonderful lady requires support with home help. She is intelligent with a great sense of humour, but living with Autism has resulted in difficulty keeping her home in good order. She requires that extra bit of support to manage the household tasks and maintain the home so that she feels safe and comfortable.
As Care companions we spend time with our clients finding out what their dreams and wishes are. We contribute to their care plans and we are encouraged to implement creative ideas to keep them relaxed and engaged.
Whether you are looking for a reliable long term career or just want to offer a few hours a week to improve someone's life, there are opportunities for you.
As Care Companions we receive:
- Competitive rates of pay £10.05 - £15.80 per hour
- Guaranteed hour contracts available
- Paid travel mileage
- Health Cash Plan and an Employee Assistant Programme
- Paid Annual Leave
- Full training provided and paid for
- Continuous mentorship and support
- Shopping perks and other employee benefits
The Care Companion role includes:
- Visiting regular people in the community for a minimum of 1 hour to support with a variety of needs including personal care, keeping socially and physically active and offering a listening ear.
- Communicating with families and nurses as part of the care team.
- Involvement in designing care plans and implementing creative ideas to encourage a better quality of life.
- Participating in team meetings to support each other in our roles.
- You do not need any experience or particular qualifications to become a Care Companion. However, experience in supporting an older person in a professional or personal capacity is ideal.
- You will have a passion for supporting others and pride yourself on finding creative ways to improve a person's life.
- You will be reliable, trustworthy, compassionate and respectful.
- Proficient in speaking, reading, and writing English.
Care Companions are at the centre of the mission to transform care in the community, changing it from rushed visits to slow companion-based care.
As Care Companions we are matched with individuals we support, based on personality, interests and hobbies which help us build strong and trusting relationships. Visits with our clients are more than one hour each with sufficient time to really Care. We regularly receive training and support to learn new skills and develop in our careers.
Whether you are looking for a reliable long term career or just want to offer a few hours a week to improve someone's life, there are opportunities for you - please get in touch, we would love to hear from you.