Care Coordinator (Scheduler)
- Chesterfield, UK
- Date Advert Closes: 26th October 2021
Home Instead is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide.
To perform a variety of duties in the coordination of scheduling service for Clients whilst providing the highest quality of service to Clients.
- Understand and build effective and efficient schedules around our Clients and CAREGivers.
- Ensure schedules are prepared, considering travel time, holidays, training and last-minute cancellations.
- Be responsive to changes in the schedule and liaise with relevant team members.
- Match CAREGivers to new Clients in conjunction with the Care Support Team and arrange introductions.
- Ensure Client schedules are matched to their needs, with the same CAREGiver and the same times each week, where possible.
- Develop excellent relationships with both Clients and CAREGivers so both can enjoy positive experiences.
- Work with the recruitment team to ensure sufficient current and future staffing levels are met.
- Work with the Care Support Team to ensure new and existing care packages can be resourced and scheduled on a timely basis.
- Add and maintain all Client and CAREGiver information onto to the electronic scheduling system.
- Answering telephones calls in a polite professional manner, passing on clear messages and actioning messages where appropriate.
- Support the Finance team with billing, invoicing, and processing expenses
- Identify & create opportunities for business growth
- Be part of the on-call rota
- Carry out any other duties deemed necessary for the successful operation of the business.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all CAREGivers, Clients, Clients Family Members, Office Staff, and any other Home Instead contacts.
- Ensure compliance with Home Instead’s Equality, Diversity and Equal Opportunities Policy, in respect of employment and service delivery.
- This role is ideal for someone who is analytical, enjoys problem solving and has excellent attention to detail.
- Good working knowledge of IT systems with experience of Microsoft Office or Google Suite and CRM software with the ability to learn and adopt new technologies where appropriate.
- Previous experience of using People Planner scheduling software would be beneficial.
- Highly resilient and positive with excellent communications skills.
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills with the ability to work calmly and accurately under pressure.
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build rapport quickly.
- Excellent attention to detail with the ability to multi-task.
- Logical and analytical with the ability to work on own initiative and meet deadlines.
- Warm, friendly, cheerful personality who enjoys speaking to people.
- Ability to cope with a fast-changing environment.
- Ability to handle difficult situations or personalities in a professional caring manner.
- Smart, professional appearance.
- Maths GCSE (or equivalent) at grade C or above preferred
- Driving licence and use of a car on a daily basis
- Must have clear DBS.
- Must be confident to use a variety of technology
- Must understand the importance of confidentiality and working within current legislation.
The Scheduler works 5 out of 7 days on a rota system which will include some weekend work.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and reserve the right to close the advert early.
The closing date for this role is midnight on Tuesday 26th October.