Care Quality Administrator
- Hove, UK
- Date Advert Closes: 13th November 2021
Home Instead Senior Care – Brighton, Hove and Shoreham is growing well, and establishing a great reputation for quality care in the local area. As we grow, it is increasingly important that we maintain our excellent service, reputation, our compliance with CQC standards – and most importantly, ensure that our clients and their families remain confident that we are being pro-active and re-active in terms of our care and their care needs as they change and alter.
To assist with this, the Care Quality Administrator role will support the Registered Care Manager and Field Supervisory team to ensure that the detail of our ongoing client care is as good as it can be. Based in the office, but also with a requirement to visit clients in their homes often, this role will play a key part of our quality assurance, and will play a central role in co-ordinating referrals and tracking progress.
· To provide prompt and accurate responses to ongoing client care needs, generated by changes in Clients care needs, observations from CAREGivers or the Home Instead management team, or requests for change from clients and their families.
· Following up on suggestions or ideas for improvements in clients’ care, from observations in audits and file/activity log reviews or in response to HISC National Office changes.
· A key player in the team, but reporting to the Registered Care Manager, this role will ensure the rest of the team are updated on required actions or outcomes, referring to the Care Manager and other team members for advice and input when required.
· When a client’s needs change and perhaps become more intense, such as in an impending end-of-life situation, or upon hospital discharge for example, this role-holder will take a pro-active management role in ensuring that all parties receive the required level of support in situations where care needs may quickly alter.
· Ensuring that all notes and client documentation is updated and accurate from any actions or outcomes, for effective compliance, evidence, communication and client customer service/care management.
· Providing administration support for the Field Supervisors.
· Along with all office team members, there may be an occasional need to stand in with clients if required, to ensure client visits are delivered on time and as required.
· Undertake activity log and file auditing, for compliance and learnings
· The role-holder will also form part of the on-call team, taking turns in providing weekend on-call phone cover (approx. 1 in 5-6 weekends, and occasionally during the week).
· The post-holder will have some experience in care-giving, and to some degree, in care quality management
· Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, adapting to differing situations
· An ability to juggle multiple demands, being both pro-active and re-active, constantly re-prioritising
· Excellent attention to detail, to ensure all aspects of changes are managed to completion, and with clear records kept
· A team-player, happy to contribute to the ongoing development and success of this growing business
· A passion for the delivery of quality of care for older people, and a genuine interest in the wellbeing of older people and how this can be improved
· Flexibility and adaptability, depending on the changing needs of the day
· Experience with learning and using software and computer systems
Here are some of the benefits to joining us:
- Great company culture and a central office team
- Training and development, including NVQs
- Long standing, nurturing local connections in the community
- Benefits: Company Pension, paid leave and absence, pension, mileage, online discounts and much more!
Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.