Registered Manager / Care Manager
- Woking, UK
- Date Advert Closes: 31st October 2021
Registered Manager / Care Manager required to join our busy 'OUTSTANDING' office in Woking
Home Instead is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship-led services for adults. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation; not just nationally but locally also, we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide the community.
At Home Instead Guildford and Woking, we have been a family run business for nearly ten years and each year, we go from strength to strength!
In 2017, we became the first Domiciliary company in Guildford and Woking to be rated 'outstanding' by the Care Quality Commission (CQC.) We have maintained this rating for the third inspection in a row, something we are extremely thrilled with!
We provide a circa of 7,500 hours a month and match our CAREGivers (Carers) to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies, this helps build strong, trusting relationships. The support CAREGivers give to our clients is not rushed, companionship-led based at all times and visit them on a consistent and regular basis.
Salary – Great salary package for the right candidate.
Job type – Full-time, Monday- Friday, 9am till 5.30pm (some flexibility needed outside of working hours due to the nature of the role and industry)
Home Instead Guildford and Woking is part of a network across the nation, forming the world’s leading provider of homecare for adults needing support and assistance to enable them to independently remain in their own home.
We believe passionately in providing the highest standard of care and support that we would be happy to receive ourselves and for our families.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Domiciliary Registered Manager / Care manager, ideally with a level 5 or training towards one who, has a passion for caring to join our 'OUTSTANDING' team in the Guildford and Woking office.
As our Registered Manager, you will be responsible for the growth and development of our care service and team, ensuring we deliver the highest quality care possible.
This role will play a vital part ensuring that our clients receive the best personal centred care and will make a real difference for the adults we work with.
Why work for Home Instead Guildford and Woking?
- Excellent rates of pay- attractive salary package for the right candidate which will be discussed at interview stage.
- You will receive your birthday off as bonus additional leave. If your birthday falls on the weekend you will receive the nearest weekday off.
- Discretionary bonus
- Paid mileage
- Free onsite parking
- Free DBS check
- Pension scheme
- Full learning and development programmes
- Rewards schemes
- Out-of-hours and office support
- Paid and accrued holiday
- Continued training and support
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Staff discount portal
- This is a varied and challenging role so we are looking for an individual who:
- Has a proven track record in providing the highest quality of service.
- Is experienced in leading a large team of strong characters to provide quality, domiciliary care services
- Experienced in assessing / auditing paperwork benchmarked by CQC guidelines
- Has the ability to build fantastic working relationships
- Has strong influencing skills and is commercially aware
- Has the drive and motivation to develop our care services, carers and office team of 16.
- Has strong organisation and planning skills
- Is flexible to meet the demands of the business
- Review and manage business compliance effective and in line with CQC and KLOE's
- Provide On call support one evening a week and one weekend a month
- Previous Registered /Care Manager with a minimum of 18 months experience
- Has Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services or equivalent or training towards this.
- Excellent understanding and proficient of all Microsoft office programs (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook etc.)
- Excellent standard of Maths and English – both verbal and written
- Excellent clear telephone manner
- Proven track record of excellent customer service and communication skills
- Live in, or around, the Guildford, Woking and surrounding areas
- Access to reliable transport (as you may be required to attend meetings or events outside of the workplace).
- Ability to self-prioritise own workload
- Reliable, smart and professional at all times
Above all, you must share our ethos and values to deliver the highest quality service to both our staff and clients. To live the ‘Home Instead way’ is to demonstrate kindness, respect and patience.
Previous Registered Care Manager experience
Has a Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services