Elderly Befrienders - Care To Drink Tea & Eat Cake?
- Dartford, UK
- Date Advert Closes: 29th October 2021
Home Instead Dartford was set up by Ram Chandra Thapa as part of the national Home Instead family.
For us, home care means keeping people where they are the happiest - in their own homes, surrounded by their memories in their own environment. It means treating our clients as we would treat our own loved ones. It means giving our CAREGivers the training and the support that they need to provide only the highest quality of care that focuses on companionship and not the task. Our helping hands are available whenever you need them. Each care solution is unique. Support can range from: assistance with shopping trips, providing companionship, escorting to appointments or social engagements, home help, meal preparation, personal care, support with medication and much, much more.
And if you still have questions about what we can do for you, don’t hesitate to get in touch. We’ll do everything we can to give you peace of mind.
The best way to describe the service you’ll receive is that it will be as we would want our loved ones to be treated. And that’s a promise.
For you it’s a choice; for us it’s personal.
...OK, so it's not all just Drinking Tea & Eating Cake, but if you fancy a New Rewarding Caring Challenge, then this could be the role for you!
£11-£11.50 per hour visiting time + travel time + mileage allowance and holiday pay on top!
Working hours are part-time & average 5-20 hours per week depending on your availability & location. This can grow to more if you like!
Work rotas that are tailor-made to fit around YOUR availability. --- You can work in a way that works for you, e.g. only mornings until lunch or only afternoons till evening etc.
An opportunity where personality, attitude & heart count for more than work experience or qualifications.
An opportunity to be part of a friendly team of like-minded individuals who all care passionately for the people they support.
Immediate (ish!) Start!
This is a totally unique care sector opportunity - We will carefully match you to your own small circle of older adults in your local community and you will support them to live happy, independent lives by providing:
· Prompting & assisting your clients with their medication
· Support getting in & out of the shower & getting dressed (personal care)
· Help to & from the loo
· Preparing simple meals and light household duties
· Companionship, a cup of tea & a natter
· Shopping trips, social calls, appointments, clubs & hobbies (once allowed again!)
· Flexible Part-time hours are available between 5-20 hours per week and can grow over time if you like
· If you have some availability in the mornings (ideally starting at 08:00 or earlier) or at tea/evening times (ideally starting at 18:00) & a couple of hours alternate weekends, then this position could fit around your other interests & commitments
· Excellent training is provided and you'll meet some likeminded people
· The biggest benefit of all is making a difference every day and putting a smile on your clients’ faces
You could be joining our award-winning, small, family-run, local home care company whose visits always involve an element of companionship. This home care service with the personal touch is different to any other care organisation in the area, providing a minimum of 1-hour home visits to a predominantly private client base.
Apply Today For A New Part-Time Challenge Where You Can Truly Make A Difference!
We only ask for a few requirements...
- A full driving licence and access to a car or motorbike, as the nature of the role requires you to travel between client visits
- Professional approach and a passion to deliver the very best care
- Positive attitude and a good level of written and spoken English