- Frome BA11, UK
- Date Advert Closes: 27th September 2021
Have the kids recently gone back to school or are you coming to the end of Furlough with work? Do you find yourself having free hours during the day or would like to do something for yourself then why not apply to be a Care Companion? You can make a real difference to our clients within the community.
Home Instead has won multiple awards over the years and as a Care provider in Warminster, we have built an excellent relationship and reputation within the community over the last 5 years.
We provide an extremely high quality of care with the personal touch that sets us apart and has been very successful with our clients. We provide a minimum of 1 hour home visits to a predominantly private client base and the focus being on providing companionship and non-medical care.
We match our Care Companions to our clients based on personality, hobbies, and interests which help us build great relationships and trust with them.
We are on our mission to give all the older members of our community the highest quality of life. We are looking for people to help us achieve this mission.
Do you have any availability in the mornings or afternoons? This position could fit around other commitments & interests.
Care Companion Benefits
- As a Care Companion with Home Instead, you will be starting on £10.05ph with £10.95ph on a weekend, with this increasing after 6 months
- Mileage allowance
- Health Cash Plan, Employee Assistant Programme
- Pension scheme
- Paid Annual Leave
- DBS payment will be reimbursed
- Continuous mentorship and support
- Guaranteed hours contract after 6 months
- You will be provided with industry-led training (City and Guilds Qualifications) and full support will be given throughout
Care Companion duties include:
- Visiting regular people in the community for a minimum of 1 hour to support with a variety of needs, such as assisting them to prepare a meal, help with medication, personal care, keeping socially and physically active, and most importantly to offer companionship and a listening ear.
- You will be required to work alternative weekends and will need a full UK driving license & access to a vehicle due to the nature of the work
- You do not need any experience or particular qualifications to become a Care Companion. However, it would be useful to have some experience of working in a care setting or interacting with older people. You will have a passion for supporting others and pride yourself on finding creative ways to improve an older person's life. You will be reliable, trustworthy, compassionate and respectful.
As a Care Companion, you will receive industry-leading training, great rates of pay and excellent support from an employer which puts trust, dignity and compassion at the forefront of our care. You will have job satisfaction and the comfort of knowing that:
- You will feel part of a team and meet other like-minded Care Companions
- You will be valued by your clients and appreciated by your employer
- You will be working for an Award-Winning Home Care Group
- You will be trained, and subsequently supported in our tailored 12 Week Support Plan so we know that you settle in and enjoy working for us.
If you're looking for work that is extremely rewarding and feel that you can be a positive force in an older person's life - we would love to hear from you. Please contact us on 01985 988282