Care Coordinator/ Scheduler
- Leicester, UK
- Date Advert Closes: 1st October 2021
We have an exciting opportunity for a talented, enthusiastic and ‘can-do’ People Coordinator to join our award-winning team. We are looking for the right person with excellent administrative, IT and people skills to help drive our extremely well regarded care business forward. This role offers great career prospects and the chance to be part of a strong, supportive, friendly team. All our visits with clients are for at least an hour, often more and our CAREGivers visit the same clients providing consistency and the opportunity to develop, meaningful, trusting and long term relationships. It will be your job to ensure all these visits are planned and organised and that our CAREGivers are coordinated to turn up on time, every time
Our Mission - “ To Bring Dignity Back Into Ageing ‘’
Message from our Owner & Managing Director:
"Hello, my name is Nisha Chandarana and I am passionate about bringing premium quality care in my local area.
My mother was my rock and my soul mate. In her old age, my mother suffered a multitude of health problems and as a family, we pulled together to support her. When looking for extra care and support for her, I was shocked that there was a lack of good quality care.
I lost my mother in Nov 2014, after which I decided that I wanted to be the person to provide premium quality care in my local area. Whilst searching as to how I can provide such care, I came across Home Instead. The Home Instead ethos, matched mine as they have a strong reputation for providing dignified and personalized care which put clients first.
I realized that most seniors prefer to remain and live independently in their own homes as long as possible and we can make this possible by providing companionship, light housekeeping, meal preparation, medication reminders, shopping assistance, doctor’s appointments and personal care such as bathing and dressing and even Live-in Care.
Our CAREGivers are carefully selected for their empathy, compassion, reliability and integrity.
We invest heavily in training our CAREGivers, to give them the skills to meet the changing needs of our clients and they are all fully Criminal Records Bureau checked and insured.
Our service is different because our visits are a minimum of one hour and our CAREGivers are matched to our clients. We send the same CAREGiver as much as possible and are always introduced by our Care Manager, so a stranger will never turns up at the door. Our CAREGivers do not wear uniforms and they just look like a friend or family who are visiting."
The Care Coordinator / Scheduler is responsible for the allocation of CAREGiver’s working hours whilst ensuring our robust quality standards are met. You will need to have significant experience in a logistical type environment where you are responsible for ensuring that everything happens at the exact time leading to complete customer satisfaction. You will be expected to:
- Organise all rotas and staffing requirements
- Ensure all staff and clients are aware of working schedules at all times
- Be responsive to changes in the schedule and liaise with relevant team members
- Undertake any support or admin duties as required by Franchise Owners or Care Manager including payroll and invoicing responsibilities.
You will be expected to coordinate CAREGiver schedules and give general support to the office team in order to provide the highest quality service to our clients. You will need to be able to develop excellent relationships with both clients and CAREGivers, creating client schedules and records and supporting the Care Team by working with families, professionals and other CAREGivers to achieve the very best outcomes. You will ideally:
- Be able to hit the ground running whilst being keen to learn and adapt to new systems/technologies.
- Have sound knowledge and understanding of logistical type / IT software systems. Our People Planner system is bespoke and assists us to allocate and coordinate all care visits to ensure continuity for both client and CAREGiver.
- Be adept in organising large scale operations and ensuring 100% delivery against expectation – in our case ensuring our CAREGivers turn up, on time, every time without fail.
- Be able to adapt quickly to emergencies and/or other unforeseen circumstances ensuring all visits always take place
- Provide timely response to client requests and ensure they are constantly updated with new and changing information
- Be knowledgeable of the local area
- Engage positively with all employees being pivotal in maintaining their interest and availability and liaise relentlessly with all CAREGivers ensuring that they are always fully supported and completely engaged with the office and our clients so providing the very best service.
- Provide out of hours “on call” assistance on a rotational basis
- Work directly with the office management team to develop business and support the team.
- Support delivery of personal / care calls in times of needs which may include out of hours
- You will need to have extremely good interpersonal and influencing skills with the ability to problem solve while working under pressure in a busy environment providing ‘superior’ customer service.
- You will have experience in delivering or managing /coordinating service delivery through utilising scheduling technologies whilst having exceptional organisational skills; are a multi-tasker and able to communicative both written and verbally.
- High levels of computer literacy using bespoke software systems backed up with strong Word and Excel skills
- A confident, ‘can do’ attitude with a genuine enthusiasm for working in a busy, deadline-driven team environment
- A professional telephone manner; a smiling personality and empathy for others
- An outstanding eye for detail and a ‘right first time’ attitude
- The ability to multi-task and prioritise conflicting deadlines effectively.
- The ability to make friends and influence people.
- To have pride in your work; the want to work ‘above and beyond’ and have high standards of commitment and achievement as well as a continuous desire for improvement, both personally and organisationally.
What We Offer:
- Primarily, job fulfilment; a great place to work in a great team with great career opportunities making a huge difference to the lives of our elderly clients!
- Our salary package starts at £21,000 + (depending on experience) with ongoing bonus opportunities.
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Pension scheme.
- Company Discount Scheme
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Training, development and career opportunities.
- Social Events
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment.