Home Carer & Companion
- Broadstairs, UK
- Date Advert Closes: 13th September 2021
Home Instead Broadstairs, Ramsgate & Margate has been awarded “Outstanding” in Caring by the CQC and has a rating of 9.7/10 on an independent home care review site. 97% of clients highly recommend them.
Kevan Barr, the owner of Home Instead, has previously managed two highly regarded residential care homes. He particularly appreciates the reassurance and dignity that ‘at-home’ care can offer to those who are able to enjoy an independent lifestyle in their own homes.
Kevan’s philosophy is that the care his Carers deliver, should be of the standard that he would be happy for his family to receive, because of this he has over the years looked after a number of his family members.
They have a fantastic reputation that has a minimum 1-hour call time to vulnerable older people who require extra support to help them continue living safely and happily in their own homes.
Kevan and the team are passionate about improving the quality of care and supporting people in his local community. His aim is for every older adult to live a safe and happy life in their own home surrounded by their happy memories and things they hold most dear.
Do you want to help people in need and make a difference in their lives? Do you want to work with the elderly, but don't have any experience or qualifications? If so, then becoming a home carer & companion might be your perfect career move.
As someone who cares for others on a daily basis, we know that it can bring huge rewards. And when we say ‘rewarding’, we’re not just talking about pay. As a Home Carer & Companion, you can make a real difference to the lives of older adults in Thanet by giving them the support they need to live independently in their own homes with dignity and respect.
What we offer our Home Care & Companions
- £10.00 - £12.00 per hour, plus mileage & travel allowance + Enhanced rate on bank holidays.
- Generous company pension.
- Employee Assistance Programme (24/7 confidential support line with free counselling sessions).
- Genuine career progression opportunities.
- Refer a friend scheme.
- Flexible Hours Available – from 16 to 20 Hours Per Week or Full Time
- Industry-Leading Training
- Care Certification
As a Home Carer & Companion, you will be supporting clients with a variety of daily tasks, some of which may include:
- Accompanying clients to appointments and social events.
- Prepare healthy meals and snacks.
- Manage household bills, pick up a prescription or do some shopping.
- Carry out some light housework, laundry, or ironing.
- Provide medication reminders.
- Helping someone to get out of bed in the morning or into bed at the end of their day.
- Running a bath or shower and being close by in case they need assistance.
- Assisting with dressing & undressing and personal care when required.
- Above all, be the person who shows friendliness, warmth, and empathy.
You will be required to work alternative weekends and due to the nature of the role and you will need a full UK driving license & access to reliable transportation to visit your clients.
To become a Home Care & Companion, it is essential that you are:
- An excellent timekeeper who is organised and reliable.
- Able to always treat clients with dignity and respect.
- A good listener, communicate clearly and build relationships with clients and their families in a polite and friendly manner.
- A driver and have access to a vehicle.