CAREGiver - We are looking for Early Birds & Night Owls
- Salford, UK
- Date Advert Closes: 8th August 2021
Home Instead is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. We match our CAREGivers to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies to help build bonds of trust and enables us to provide personalised support.
Would you like to be a companion to an elderly person in your local community? Perhaps you have had personal experience of helping a family member and would like to use your experience to help others. We support our Salford Seniors in the comfort of their own homes – where they want to be!
Maybe you've worked in in care before, but were frustrated by the lack of continuity in your work? At Home Instead Salford we work ‘one to one’ with our Clients, allowing professional friendships to develop. This is backed up by award winning training, such as our specialist dementia training and end of life training - both accredited by City & Guilds.
Combined with an experienced and supportive management team, there isn't a more rewarding place to work in Health and Social Care. You don't need prior experience - we recruit people of all ages who have a positive attitude and are passionate about providing tip top care. So, if you want to work for a ‘5 Star Employer of Choice’ with and existing team of ‘outstanding’ CAREGivers, (CQC, 2017) please get in touch.
Benefits of being a CAREGiver:
- Minimum of 1-hour visits
- Our CAREGivers visit regular clients at regular times
- Experience isn't necessary as we provide full training and mentoring
- Our supportive office team introduce you to all new clients
- Our staff benefits include holidays, paid mileage, Employee Assistance Programme, and high street discount scheme/employee benefits scheme
- An experienced office team will be on hand for guidance and support
- Our team support all new employees through completion of the Care Certificate, within their first 12 weeks.
Responsibilities of a CAREGiver:
- Provide day to day support to our local clients, ensuring they remain independent in their own homes
- Ensure the environment in which our clients live is safe and clean
- Provide companionship-based care, personal care and support
Requirements of a CAREGiver:
- Naturally empathetic with a desire to make a positive difference
- A real people person
- Having your own car is essential as you will be driving from client to client and at times may be taking clients out
- Applicants must be flexible to work some evenings and weekends on a rota basis
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.