Home Care Assistant
- Grange-over-Sands, UK
- Date Advert Closes: 30th June 2021
Home Instead is the world’s leading provider of non-medical home care and companionship led services for older people. We are rated as a 5 Star Employer, ‘Outstanding’ by the Care Quality Commission and voted in the top 20 of home care providers in the North West.
Working in care, every day is different. At Home Instead we care for our clients in their own homes. Our calls are a minimum of one hour which sets us aside from the other providers giving our CAREGivers time to build up trust and rapport and creating a lasting friendship.
Tasks may include helping someone with their morning and evening routines, preparing them healthy and delicious meals through the day, medication support or keeping their own homes safe and tidy.
Above all, you will be there to provide that essential companionship service which is at the heart of everything that we do.
In return you will work with a friendly local team that offer great rates of pay, paid holiday, award winning training, and staff discounts amongst other benefits.
You will have access to continued professional development to enable you to provide the highest standard of professional care.
Due to the nature of the role you must have access to reliable transport as you may be required to assist a client to an appointment or to enable them to continue with a hobby or interest.
- Recognised training programmes including City and Guilds certificated training in Alzheimer’s and dementia care and Parkinsons training
- Minimum 1 hour visits
- Regular staff meet ups and events including coffee mornings and quarterly staff meetings
- Supportive work environment that centres on your wellbeing
- Double time on bank holidays
- Competitive rates of pay from 10.50 - 13.50 per hour
- Paid travel and waiting time
- Our staff benefits include paid holidays, paid mileage, Employee Assistance Programme, and high street discount scheme/employee benefits scheme
- Our CAREGivers are matched to clients based on their hobbies and interests
- Part of the Home Instead family including 224 franchise offices in the U.K and over 1000 worldwide!