Exciting Care Manager opportunity with award winning Home Care brand
- Gloucester, UK
- Date Advert Closes: 30th April 2021
Why Home Instead?
Why Home Instead?
A global company with a local feel, Home Instead operates in 14 countries. This global franchise means offices and their teams benefit from best practice and high-quality training that have been proven a success worldwide.
As a local office, you’d be supporting older people to remain at home – where they wish to be, but have the backing of a large company to guide you. Each office is locally owned, with people who want to deliver a fantastic service. It means that you’ll be working directly with a passionate individual who also cares about your job satisfaction and individual needs.
Nationally, Home Instead is the UK's number 1 rated home care provider with over 220+ offices throughout the UK and have a high percentage of offices rated as ‘Outstanding’ by the CQC, far above the sector average.
Some of our cherished awards include the 2019 Princess Royal Training Award, 2019 Sunday times best companies to work for, 2016 The Queen's Award for enterprise
Home Instead Gloucester and Forest of Dean was established in 2020 and our mission is to bring renowned high-quality care to Gloucester and brighten the lives of seniors giving them a sense of purpose, wellbeing & worth. We are looking for an individual who believes in this mission too and is looking to grow alongside the business.
Do you have an appetite for excitement and challenge?
This is a role for a Registered Care Manager. An exciting opportunity for a highly-skilled, experienced and motivated Care Manager or Team Leader who is looking to take the next steps in their career.
As our Registered Care Manager, you will be responsible for the growth and development of our domiciliary care service, working alongside the owner, ensuring the delivery of outstanding quality care. This will include being responsible for the quality control, managing the needs of the clients, and day-to-day management of internal staff and our CAREGivers.
In this varied and exciting role the ideal candidate has the opportunity for varying levels of involvement and expanding the team to support them, as the business grows further:
- Working closely with the Director to coordinate growth, and development of a high-quality domiciliary care service for older people in the local area
- Networking in the community to raise awareness of the service
- Promoting the highest standards of care and service
- Recruiting, training, retention of staff
- Converting new client enquiries and coordinating staffing rotas
- Care planning and conducting risk assessments, ensuring compliance to relevant legal and regulatory requirements
- Managing a team, making sure that exceptional service is delivered to our clients and workloads are managed accordingly
- Ensuring successful operation of quality control systems and performing quality assurance visits for clients
- Continually reviewing and improving our processes to ensure the most effective and efficient service is always being delivered
- Effectively managing complaints and incidents, carrying out investigations relating to the quality of the service and using those findings to initiate improvements
- Promoting a positive culture in line with the Home Instead ethos and values.
To be successful, you will:
- Have extensive care experience with excellent customer service and people management skills in domiciliary care
- Be commercially aware
- Have strong influencing skills
- Be able to demonstrate achievement of business growth targets
- Have the ability to build good working relationships
- Have strong organisation and planning skills
- Have the drive and motivation to take on a broad role and develop our care services
- Be able to work well and accurately under pressure whilst working independently with minimal supervision
- Be flexible to meet the demands of the business including participating in an on-call rota.
- Possess a minimum qualification of NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care and be willing to work towards the NVQ Level 5.
- Due to the need to support the On-Call function, which may require you to support team members out in the field in emergency situations, and also the requirement to travel throughout the community to conduct new client assessments, you should have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
This role will play a vital part in ensuring that our clients receive the highest quality care and will make a real difference for the older people we work with. We offer an attractive salary and a fantastic career development opportunity. If you are enterprising and have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions and grow with us, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighborhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.
For more information please do visit our web site: https://www.homeinstead.co.uk/gloucester/