CAREGiver - Ventnor
- Ventnor, UK
- Date Advert Closes: 27th December 2020
Home Instead Senior Care is the world’s leading provider of personal care and companionship services for older people within their own homes. With most visits lasting at least one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. We match our CAREGivers to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies to help build bonds of trust and enables us to provide personalised support.
Are you looking for an employer who CARES about you? Then you're in the right place
We’re looking for people with personality and passion to build great relationships with our clients in Ventnor. We don't make our CAREGivers drive from area to area, we will look after you!
Our clients trust us. They will rely on you to listen carefully to what they need, take an interest in them and deliver outstanding care. If you enjoy interacting with older individuals and want to pursue an opportunity to make a difference in the lives of others, CAREGiving might be the career for you.
The most important part of a CAREGiving role with Home Instead is offering companionship based care and support - including helping someone out of bed, having a wash or putting on their socks, making a roast or painting their nails. Each of our CAREGivers are matched to a client based on mutual interests and hobbies to encourage a strong relationship that is able to develop.
We believe you need this understanding and bond to be able to care for someone as if they were a member of your own family. Indeed, many of our CAREGivers do not have formal experience of working as a carer before they join our team, we have CAREGivers who have previously been in hospitality or retail each with their own individual experiences to share.
We are looking for friendly, kind, compassionate people who like to spend time with older people and build a friendly but professional relationship. Don’t worry if you don’t have sector experience, we have extensive training and on-going development opportunities that will enable to you deliver our special brand of relationship-led care.
What we will give you:
- Working hours to suit your needs around other commitments you may have, No 7 am starts, our care visits start at 8 am!
- A 2 day specialised Learning Assessment & Orientation Program as part of our recruitment process on how to become a Home Instead CAREGiver
- E-Learning to improve your knowledge prior to supporting our clients
- Investment in you as a person and any additional training or qualifications you may wish to carry out
- An hourly wage reflective of the important role you do considerably higher than the minimum wage
- Most importantly the chance to feel a part of the growing network of CAREGivers that really do care.
Whilst we don’t like to put barriers up before you have even applied, it is essential that you have a full driving licence and use of a reliable car, as our clients are predominately cared for in their own home and some of them live in quite rural areas. You may also be required to take the client shopping or accompany them to appointments.
You will be part of a team:
- Which puts trust, dignity and compassion at the forefront of our care
- You will develop and learn with some of the most highly skilled and professional CAREGivers in our sector
- You will feel part of a team and meet other like-minded CAREGivers
- You will be valued by your clients and appreciated by your employer
- You will be working for an Award-Winning Home Care Group
In return we can offer you:
- Excellent rates of pay starting at £10.00 per hour
- Weekend and Bank Holiday enhancements up to £19.00 per hour
- 28 Days Annual leave entitlement inc bank hols
- Paid Travel Time
- Mileage Paid at 25 p per Mile
- Employee Referral Scheme
- Extra Training Opportunities Available After Probation
If you're looking for part time work, which is extremely rewarding and in return receive competitive pay with weekend enhancements and a structured, professional training program, we would love to hear from you. Please contact us on 01983 240015 or email [email protected]
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.
If you have Care Experience you could be out working within 2 weeks!