Could you be a Care Assistant who loves mornings?
- Borough of Harrogate, UK
- Date Advert Closes: 28th February 2021
Home Instead has been at the forefront of specialised home care and supporting those being cared for and their families for many years. Our highest quality, award- winning care comes down to our CAREGivers who are handpicked for their caring heart, friendly character and empathy. We have won many awards and accolades for both our standards of care and our innovative training, including the Queen's Award for Innovation and the Princess Royal Training Award.
Growing older can be very stressful for some people, so can you imagine taking someone out of their home too? Our award winning home care avoids this, and our CAREGivers allow older people to live long and happy lives, safely in their own homes whilst promoting their autonomy and independence. Do you want to make a real difference to someone’s life during these challenging times ? This rewarding role may involve:
- Companionship and conversation
- Monitor diet and eating
- Stimulate and encourage through a variety of activities (for example clothing selection, hobbies and crafts)
- Assist with walking (lending an arm to steady)
- Run errands / collect prescriptions etc
- Performing light housekeeping tasks (dusting, vacuuming, making beds, changing linens, cleaning bathrooms, kitchens, washing and ironing, taking out rubbish, caring for houseplants etc.)
- Organise and tidy cupboards and check food expiry dates
- Plan prepare and tidy away meals
- Assist with pet care
- Help with shopping and oversee home deliveries
- Provide medication reminders
- Help with bathing, dressing and grooming
- Help with continence care
- Assist to eat and drink
- Provide Dementia / Alzheimer/ Parkinson's care
- Provide respite / convalescence care
- Assist with morning/wake up
We believe empathy is far more important than experience, so don’t worry if you haven’t done it before we give you all the tools you need to fulfill this role, but you will need a big heart and want to make a difference to someone’s life.
You will have a passion for supporting others and pride yourself on delivering an outstanding service. You will be reliable, trustworthy and respectful. You will enjoy building professional friendships and comfortable in spending time in the company of others. We need fantastic people who have a 'can-do' positive attitude and who love working as part of a team.
- Ability to treat and care for clients and their property with dignity and respect
- Ability to adapt to various living environments and locations
- Ability to listen, communicate clearly and build relationships with clients and their families in a friendly and pleasant manner
- Willingness to work and communicate professionally with Home Instead Senior Care office teams and other social and health care professionals
- Respect for people with different backgrounds and beliefs to your own and who may have a range of medical conditions. Commitment to non-discriminatory care practice
- Willing to seek guidance when needed and follow instructions
- Excellent time keeper who is organised and reliable
- Ability to adapt to change quickly and make common sense decisions at short notice
- Good hygiene practice, including personal hygiene and a smart appearance
- Good level of stamina and fitness to meet the physical demands of the job
- This role will require you to obtain an Enhanced Disclosure from the relevant body
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
We support our clients living in and around the areas of Harrogate, Ripon and Thirsk.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.