Head of Care (Community)
- Cowes, UK
- Date Advert Closes: 5th November 2020
Our office was established in April 2019 and our mission is to brighten the lives of seniors giving them a sense of purpose, well-being & worth. This role will play a vital part in ensuring that our clients receive the best in class quality care and whilst supporting the growth of our business.
Are you looking for an employer who CARES about you? Then you're in the right place.
The Head of Care role is for a confident and experienced individual who has a passion for caring for the elderly who choose to remain living in the comfort of their own home. You will have worked in the care sector for several years with a background in Domiciliary Care. You should have held a position of Senior Carer or above during this time.
You will be expected to use your skills and experience to support the Registered Manager and Directors in the delivery of an outstanding care service to our clients. You will be responsible for developing positive relationships with our clients and CAREGiver team, conducing Quality Assurance visits, writing care plans and engaging in a range of activities including working and supporting CAREGivers to deliver the best possible support to our clients. You may be required to provide care to a variety of clients who we support in their own homes, encompassing physical, psychological and spiritual support whilst encouraging independence.
You will be committed to adapting to change, focusing on teamwork and collaboration, be an agile learner, who can lead and develop juniors members of the care team. You will be part of the on-call team holding the on-call phone weekday evenings and weekends on a scheduled basis. This role is full time, offering 40 hours per week. Flexibility is required to work hours between 8 am till 10 pm, when required, over a 7 day period, to ensure all client needs are met.
You will have a minimum of a level 3 in Health and Social Care. It is an expectation of the role you will complete the level 4 in Health and Social Care and have at least 3 years care experience and hold a full UK driving license, due to the requirements of being on-call and supporting CAREGivers in the community.
The successful candidate will also be:
- Confident on the telephone
- Methodical with record keeping
- Experienced at writing care plans
- Clear and articulate communicator
- Not afraid to get your hands dirty
- Confident in your care knowledge and able to lead a team
- People focused with a desire to deliver the best possible service
- IT Literate with a good understanding of Microsoft Office
Why should you choose Home Instead Senior Care as an employer?
We CARE about our staff and in return that means our staff care about our clients.
- You will have a salary of between £22,000 and £24,000 dependent on experience, it is deemed that this salary is sufficient for the time allocated for on-call working
- 28 days holiday including Bank Holidays
- Pension Scheme
- Employee Assistance Scheme - a free and confidential service providing you with professional advice, useful information, resources and counselling to help you balance your work, family and personal life.
If you're looking for work which is extremely rewarding and satisfactory and have a high-degree of flexibility to meet our clients' needs, we would love to hear from you. Please click on 'I'm Interested' or alternatively, contact us on 01983 240015.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.