- Ayr, UK
- Date Advert Closes: 20th October 2020
Our South Ayrshire & Kilmarnock office will be launching in early 2021 and our mission is to brighten the lives of older adults; giving them a sense of purpose, wellbeing & worth.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced and motivated individual with a passion for caring to join our recently launched South Ayrshire and Kilmarnock office.
As our Care Manager, you will be responsible for the start-up, growth and development of our care service ensuring the delivery of outstanding quality care. This role is suitable for both experienced care manager looking for a new challenge or a highly motivated care supervisor or co-ordinator who is looking for the next step up in their career.
In this varied and challenging role, you will be involved in:
- Working closely with the General Manager to coordinate setup, growth and development of a high quality private domiciliary care service for older people in the local area
- Networking in the local community to raise awareness of the service
- Promoting the highest standards of care and service
- Recruiting and training CAREGivers
- Converting new client enquiries and coordinating staffing rotas
- Care planning and conducting risk assessments ensuring compliance to relevant legal and regulatory requirements
- Managing a team, making sure that exceptional service is delivered to our clients and workloads are managed accordingly
- Ensuring successful operation of quality control systems and performing quality assurance visits for clients
- Continually reviewing and improving our processes to ensure the most effective and efficient service is always being delivered
- Effectively managing complaints and incidents, carrying out investigations relating to the quality of the service and using those findings to initiate improvements
- Promoting a positive culture in line with the Home Instead ethos and values.
To be successful, you will:
- Have extensive care experience with excellent customer service and people management skills
- Be commercially aware
- Have strong influencing skills
- Be able to demonstrate achievement of business growth targets
- Have the ability to build good working relationships
- Have strong organisation and planning skills
- Have the drive and motivation to take on a broad role and develop our care services
- Be able to work well and accurately under pressure whilst working independently with minimal supervision
- Be flexible to meet the demands of the business including participating in an on-call rota.
- Be willing to work towards the SVQ Level 4 leadership and management award.
Due to the need to support the On-Call function, which may require you to support team members out in the field in emergency situations, and also the requirement to travel throughout the community to conduct new client assessments, you should have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
This role will play a vital part in ensuring that our clients receive the highest quality care and will make a real difference for the older people we work with. We offer an attractive salary and a fantastic career development opportunity. If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
Home Instead Senior Care is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. The company operates six successful offices in Scotland and over 220 offices throughout the rest of the UK
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to PVG check.
Please apply with covering letter and CV to [email protected]