- Huntingdon, UK
- Date Advert Closes: 20th March 2020
Home Instead Senior Care is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. We match our CAREGivers to our clients based on mutual interests and hobbies to help build bonds of trust and enables us to provide personalised support.
This position can offer between 10-30 hours depending on your availability and preference.
At Home Instead Huntingdon we are looking to grow our team of CAREGivers… if you’re looking for a part time role with flexibility that offers rewards that are not just financial, then this role might be for you.
There is no upper age limit for applicants and no formal experience is required, however it is vital that you have a full UK driving license and access to your own reliable transport. We have positions available in Huntingdon, Chatteris, St Neots and surrounding villages. Help us on our mission to end loneliness amongst our elderly population!
Wondering what the benefits are?
- An hourly wage reflective of the important role you do that’s considerably higher than minimum wage
- Working hours between 10-30 hours per week that suit your needs (unfortunately, we cannot offer purely school hours or upward of 30 hours as each befriender has a small circle of their own regular clients)
- Providing you have some availability early mornings or teatime and can do some hours on alternate weekends then this position could fit perfectly around your other interests/commitments
- Award winning training is provided
- The biggest benefit of all is the feeling you’ll get when you arrive and see the smile on your clients’ face
This is a completely unique opportunity within the care sector, and so you may be wondering what the position involves:
- Companionship – a cup of tea and a natter
- Shopping trips, social calls, accompany to appointments, clubs/hobbies
- Preparing meals and offering light housekeeping
- Prompting the client to take medication
- Support getting in and out of the shower/getting dressed
- Assistance to and from the toilet
You have the opportunity to join our award-winning, local home care company whose visits are always a minimum of an hour and every visit involves companionship. Rest assured, our office team are sensible with travel time and distances so not only will you be visiting clients in your area but you’ll never need to worry about being on time. Home Instead Senior Care’s service with the ‘personal touch’ is unlike any other home care organisation in the area.
No qualifications or previous experience required as full training will be provided
As a CAREGiver, you will receive industry leading training, great rates of pay and excellent support.
If you're looking for work which is extremely rewarding and satisfactory and have a high-degree of flexibility to meet our clients' needs, we would love to hear from you.