Assistant Care Manager
- Southport, Merseyside, United Kingdom
- Date Advert Closes: 2nd March 2020
At Home Instead Senior Care we’re passionate about addressing social isolation. Our Vision is to change the face of ageing and for our style of companionship-led care to become the norm throughout Southport & Formby.
To support our continued growth we now have an exciting full-time opportunity for an enthusiastic individual who is keen to progress and make a difference to the lives of our clients.
As an Assistant Care Manager, you will already have experience of working in a Care Team, you will be dedicated to helping people live well at home and you will possess strong organisational skills, an eye for great detail and understand the need for diligence and a calm approach in this highly regulated and challenging environment. You will possess a positive mindset, radiate energy and be resilient under pressure.
The ideal candidate will already have some experience of writing & assessing care plans with the ability to develop positive outcomes for clients, you will provide advice and support to families to ensure the best possible package of care is recommended, provided and monitored on a regular basis. You will be familiar with medication policies, safeguarding & the mental capacity Act 2005.
You will provide continuous support to our excellent Team of CAREGivers whilst working closely with the Senior Management team and other key players to ensure we maintain and exceed our own very high standards.
To be successful, you will:
- Have previous experience of working in a home-care business with excellent customer service skills
- Have the ability to build good working relationships with trust & confidence from others.
- be an excellent communicator in both written & verbal skills
- Be a strong planner & highly organised
- Have the drive and motivation to take on a broad role and support the development of our care services
- Be able to work well and accurately under pressure whilst working independently with minimal supervision
- Be flexible to meet the demands of the business including participating in an on-call rota.
- Already possess qualifications in Health & Social Care and be willing to study further.
You will be required to travel to meet new & existing clients in and around Southport & Formby and to provide field support where necessary, you should have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
This full time role is on a shift basis of six working days on and then three off days.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.