- Thatcham, UK
- Date Advert Closes: 18th June 2020
Home Instead Senior Care is the world’s leading provider of non-medical care and companionship services for older people. With minimum visits of one hour, award winning training and an excellent reputation we are immensely proud of the quality of care we provide. Our mission is to brighten the lives of seniors; giving them a sense of purpose, wellbeing & worth.
Are you looking for your next step in your career
This is an exciting opportunity for a highly skilled, experienced and motivated Care Manager with a strong care background and a passion for high quality care to join our team in Thatcham.
As our Care Manager, reporting directly to the Director, you will be responsible for the growth and development of our domiciliary care service ensuring the delivery of outstanding quality care. This will include being responsible for the efficient running of the business, quality control, managing the needs of the clients and day to day management of internal staff and our CAREGivers.
In this varied and challenging role, you will be involved in:
- Working closely with the Director to coordinate the development of a high quality private domiciliary care service for older people in the local area
- Networking in the local community to raise awareness of the service
- Promoting the highest standards of care and service
- Recruiting and training CAREGivers
- Converting new client enquiries and coordinating staffing rotas
- Care planning and conducting risk assessments ensuring compliance to relevant legal and regulatory requirements
- Managing a team, making sure that exceptional service is delivered to our clients and workloads are managed accordingly
- Ensuring successful operation of quality control systems and performing quality assurance visits for clients
- Continually reviewing and improving our processes to ensure the most effective and efficient service is always being delivered
- Effectively managing complaints and incidents, carrying out investigations relating to the quality of the service and using those findings to initiate improvements
- Promoting a positive culture in line with the Home Instead ethos and values.
To be successful, you will:
- Have extensive care experience with a proven track record in providing consistent excellent customer service.
- Minimum requirement NVQ level 3, Have or be ‘willing to work towards’ Level 5 Diploma in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People's Services or equivalent.
- Have experience is leading, training and managing a team to provide high quality domiciliary care services.
- Have excellent knowledge and understanding of compliance and legislative requirements of the Care Standards regulations.
- Have strong skills in conducting care assessment and care planning.
- Have a good understanding of systems and processes.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Have the ability to inspire others and build fantastic working relationships.
- Have strong organisation and planning skills.
- Have the drive and motivation to take on a broad role and develop our care services.
- Be passionate about providing the highest quality of care.
- Be commercially aware and have strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Be able to demonstrate achievement of business growth targets.
- Be able to work well and accurately under pressure.
- Be responsive, agile and remain calm whilst dealing with multiple priorities.
- Be flexible to meet demands of the business including participating in an on-call rota.
- Demonstrate good I.T skills and be a proficient user of Microsoft Office.
Due to the need to support the On-Call function, which may require you to support team members out in the field in emergency situations, and the requirement to travel throughout the community to conduct new client assessments, you should have a driving licence and access to a vehicle.
Minimum requirement NVQ level 3
Preferred Experience as a Care Manager and have, or be willing to working towards, NVQ Level 5 in Health and Social Care.
This role will play a vital part in ensuring that our clients receive the highest quality care and will make a real difference for the older people we work with. Relationships are at the heart of all we do, and you’ll find that working with us will help you achieve great things for your clients as well as giving you a rewarding career, one which will grow with you. We offer an attractive salary and benefits package together with a fantastic career development opportunity. If you have a passion for caring and the motivation to help us achieve our ambitions, we would love to hear from you.
We encourage applications from all sections of the community as we want to reflect the neighbourhoods in which we work. Home Instead Senior Care is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of adults and expects all staff to share this commitment. This role is subject to DBS enhanced disclosure.