Team Leader - Home Care (Domiciliary)
- Harrogate, UK
- Date Advert Closes: 14th July 2019
Home Instead Senior Care Harrogate, Ripon and Thirsk is an award winning, well established care-at-home provider. We pride ourselves in providing a high quality of care to our elderly clients, enabling them to remain at home where they are most happy and comfortable.
We are currently recruiting for a Full-Time Team Leader, who is passionate about person-centered care and will be an excellent ambassador for the service we provide to our clients.
Team Leaders are expected to perform a variety of duties in the completion of service for our clients and are expected to assist and support other staff members in order to provide the highest quality service to clients.
- Assist in the development of the philosophy, goals and objectives for Home Instead Senior Care.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients through visits, phone calls and care delivery.
- Introduce CAREGivers to clients.
- Ensure CAREGivers are shown the client journal and have a good understanding of client
- Monitor and report any Health & Safety concerns.
- Support the delivery of team meetings.
- Observe and prepare sign off by the Head of Care of new CAREGivers as competent to work alone.
- Carry out spot checks at appropriate intervals to ensure service is being maintained to a high level.
- Participate in the on call system.
- Provide care to clients as required.
- Update client journal , reporting any changes to the Client Care Manager.
- Support CAREGivers to develop their role and levels of competence within agreed standards.
- Monitor, mediate and log both client and CAREGivers activity.
- Implement action to meet and maintain care standards
- Attend weekly meetings with other Supervisors, Managers, Head of Care and office staff.
- Work as part of a team of offering support as required in other areas.
- Maintain confidentiality at all times for all Home Instead information including client, CAREGivers and office data.
- Carry out any other duties required in the role of Team Leader as appropriate
NVQ / Diploma L3 or equivalent in Health & Social Care
Access to own transport
37.5 hours a week, 8.30am-5pm plus 16 Saturday mornings per year
29 days holiday
Access to Pool Car