Web Developer - Remote
- Grand Rapids, MI
IEQ Industries is a leading worldwide distributor of Wheatley and GASO multi-plex pumps and parts. The Web Developer is responsible to improve the IEQ industries websites based on the marketing team’s initiatives and direction. It is a goal of each employee/team member on the marketing team to contribute to the improvement of tactics and strategies created or endorsed by the leadership team and implement these initiatives.
- Design and develop the new IEQ Industries website
- Update and re-design other IEQ web properties as needed
- Develop new web properties as defined by marketing team
- Follow SEO best practices for web sites
- Improve search functionality and page loading
- Update and fix bugs in code
- Review site analytics once a month and propose changes to be implemented
- Other duties as assigned.
- HTML, XHTML, and CSS
- Passionate about web standards, semantic mark up and CSS layouts
- Experience with WordPress
- Experience with Ruby on Rails
- Familiar with Restful APIs, JSON, SASS, CoffeeScript & Slime
- Have a good problem-solving ability and an analytical mind.
- Independent; able to grasp high-level product requirements and translate these into running software efficiently
- Strong sense of ownership: sees projects through their life cycle; from development to deployment
- Encourages constructive criticism of his own work
- Must be a focused, team-oriented individual
- Accountable: should be a results-oriented team member who holds himself accountable for performance intakes absolute ownership of their work.
- Must be flexible and adaptable and should be able to switch gears in various situations
- Embraces IEQ’s core qualities by remaining open to others ideas and new approaches to work, contributes to building a positive team environment, inspires the trust of others, and treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Learns and trains cooperatively to help build one's own skills and other skills. Works ethically with integrity, demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; uses time efficiently to include communications and meetings; Sets goals and objectives for oneself and is accountable to make weekly steps to change and hold others accountable to do the same.
- Has a commitment to advancing the company. Practices clear communication with team members. Is loyal to the company and has the ability to be flexible in their job.
Type: Full-time, 40 hours/week, Monday through Friday 9 AM to 5 PM
Location: Mostly Remote, Headquarters is in Grand Rapids, MI