IT Systems Engineer
- London, UK
Hoist Group is the complete hospitality partner for hotels and public operations. With more than 20 years of proven hospitality experience, Hoist Group is the market leader in innovative High-Speed Internet Access, Conference services, TV & Content solutions, PMS and back-office software as well as other guest-facing amenities. Many hotel chains and flagship independent hotels have entrusted their IT to Hoist Group. HQ is in Sweden and the company has offices in a total of 17 countries in the EMEA region. Hoist Group has annual sales of around 150 MEUR and employs about 600 people.
Hoist Group Technology Services team (HTS) is searching for a Senior IT Systems Engineer to join our HTS team in London office.
As part of Hoist Group Technology Services team (HTS) you will be engaged in providing services and solutions through our Stockholm and Geneva Data Center.
You will be working closely with your team, currently based in Geneva and Stockholm, and the team will be supporting software developers, product owners and the 3rd Level customer support services teams. You will report to the IT Team leader based in Hoist Group Geneva office.
- 3+ years of experience with Windows Server environment, physical and virtual Infrastructure management and networking
- Cloud experience (preferably Google)
- Working experience with Kubernetes platform
- Big data experience
- VMware technologies
- Linux OS (Debian)
- Familiar with scripting (PowerShell, Bash, Python) and Monitoring tools
- Aware of security-related risk in Physical/Virtual environments
- Strong Analytical/Technical skills
- Fluent in English
We are looking for someone with experience in:
- Broad technical IT background
- IT systems architecture experience
- Cloud computing and migration to Cloud
- Hybrid and public cloud
- IT security and Cyber Security framework
- Best IT practices
This candidate should be able to:
- Plan, evaluate, migrate, develop, implement, configure, test and roll out systems with other teams
- Analyse outages/incidents
- Deliver documentation
- Perform on-call and emergency tasks as required
This candidate should be:
- Customer orientated and focused on service quality
- Self-motivated and display a proactive attitude
- Assuming responsibility and drive projects autonomously
- A Team Player
- A Good communicator
Other qualifications required:
- DevOps/DevSecOps experience appreciated
- Cyber Security certification
- HPE blade servers
- HPE 3PAR and Nimble storage devices
- Networking: L2/L3 (VLANs & Firewalling) on Cisco & HPE equipment
- Data Lake architecture
Other Qualifications (nice to have)
- Automation tools (Ansible, Puppet)
- GDPR & Best practices
Salary and Benefits
This role offers a competitive salary, 34 days’ holiday including bank holidays.
We offer a long-term contract with a competitive salary. On successful completion of probation, you will also have the opportunity to choose additional benefits, including healthcare and pension.
We are seeking motivated and high energetic people. You will have a key role in the company and the opportunity to play a key part in the organisation.
What’s more, you enjoy working in a dynamic international environment where customer service & satisfaction are the drivers. Finally, you are results-oriented, you have good communication skills, you work well and remain focused when under pressure and enjoy being a valuable team-player within geographically dispersed teams while able to work autonomously when needed.
If you are up for the challenge and interested in joining our team, we welcome your application via our job portal:
We thank everyone for their interest in this opportunity, however due to the volume of response we receive if you have not heard from us within 10 working days regretfully your application has been unsuccessful.