- 594 Elm St, Milford, NH 03055, USA
Founded in 1946 and headquartered in Milford, New Hampshire (USA), Hitchiner Manufacturing Co., Inc. is the premier supplier of complete-to-print, high-volume, complex thin-wall investment castings and fully-finished casting-based subassemblies and components to industry. The company leads the industry in volume production, reduced lead-times and just-in-time manufacturing. Hitchiner produces castings in hundreds of different alloys for a broad spectrum of global markets and customers that include the leaders in the automotive, aerospace, and other industries.
Analyze alloy composition of melting stock, prepours, and final analyses where proper analysis could affect a number of subsequent melts. Be able to perform incoming analysis of raw materials from wax, shell, and foundry departments per the appropriate inspection instruction and accurately record test results.
Tools and Equipment:
Emission spectrometer, nitrogen and carbon analyzers, computer, oven, cut-off wheel, belt grinder, camera, mounting press, hand grinder, polishing wheels, microscope, pH meter, hydrometer, hardness tester, and fixtures.
Alloy samples, raw material samples, waxes, ceramics, acidic & caustic solutions
Direction of Others:
The following are the usual major job duties, but this job description does not preclude the performance of other duties as assigned by the supervisor:
• Operate all lab equipment including emission spectrometers, nitrogen and carbon analyzers, computer, oven, cut-off wheel, belt grinder, camera, mounting press, hand grinder, polishing wheels, microscope, pH meter, hydrometer, fixtures, hardness tester and personal safety equipment.
• Analyze alloy composition of prepour melts and calculate alloy additions required to certify the chemical properties of the melts according to Hitchiner and customer specifications.
• Identify impure gas in tanks feeding emission spectrometer by sound and visual characteristics and notify maintenance of any problems.
• Perform audits and skilled maintenance work on lab equipment such as maintaining the carbon and nitrogen analyzers, and the carbon and the emission spectrometers.
• Analyze and prepare related paperwork for waxes, sands, and other incoming material, including melting stock.
• Prepare parts and related paperwork for microstructure analysis.
• Complete a fair share of the overtime workload.
• Daily contact with foundry melters and supervisor. Occasional discussion of disposition of rejected material.
• Must be able to function well as a member of a team
• Perform bench chemistry analysis of acidic and caustic solutions (e.g. titrations, conductivity, time to dissolve, etc.)
• Must follow all safety requirements of job as outlined on the job safety card
• Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor
• Complete all paperwork associated with the job. Correctly maintain all forms and instruction sheets
• Maintain a clean and orderly working environment
• Inform your supervisor about problems that occur
• May be required to handle hazardous waste by collecting and transferring the waste into proper containers at satellite storage areas or storage areas and assuring that the containers are properly inspected, labeled, and closed as required. Must follow correct instruction for handling hazardous waste and report any deviations to supervisor immediately. Must attend yearly instruction in hazardous waste handling and review of current procedures if job duties could affect non-compliance.
Special Skills and/or Experience:
Basic understanding of chemical processes desired.
Previous experience in an inspection department preferable.
Computer skills necessary, familiarity with Excel spreadsheets.
Must be able to demonstrate basic math skills such as understanding % calculations, multiplication and division required to calculate adjustments to melt chemistry through testing
Strong communication skills to collaborate with other departments
Must be able to work independently. Must be able to work flexible hours when necessary to cover other shifts.
Minimum Education Requirements:
Must have a High School Diploma or GED.
Exposure to dirt dust, odors, and noise within acceptable limits with the use of protective equipment.
Click here to enter text.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.96 to $17.97 /hour
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.