Senior Process Engineer
- 594 Elm St, Milford, NH 03055, USA
Founded in 1946 and headquartered in Milford, New Hampshire (USA), Hitchiner Manufacturing Co., Inc. is the premier supplier of complete-to-print, high-volume, complex thin-wall investment castings and fully-finished casting-based subassemblies and components to industry. The company leads the industry in volume production, reduced lead-times and just-in-time manufacturing. Hitchiner produces castings in hundreds of different alloys for a broad spectrum of global markets and customers that include the leaders in the automotive, aerospace, and other industries.
Come join our growing team!
Prime Responsibilities and Major Factors in Evaluating Performance:
- Performs actions defined by customers to complete component manufacturing documentation and obtain customer approvals, as required, to qualify as a source for production of specific products. Interfaces with customer technical personnel in the definition of the most producible and cost effective component to accomplish customer requirements.
- Investigates and initiates unique or highly technical manufacturing problems or a variety of complex mechanical, chemical or electrical production problems and recommends and provides all necessary technical assistance for their solution. Performs technical surveillance of a complex nature in the control of product, design concepts and specification requirements and provides technical data, advice or reports on specific problems to the manufacturing organization and functional staff groups. Analyzes reports from manufacturing and customers regarding unsatisfactory product and initiates prompt corrective measures
- Responsible for technical support and sustaining engineering in various process areas. Establishes operating equipment specifications, improves manufacturing techniques, identifies and introduces new process equipment to production. Interfaces with design personnel to ensure that processes and designs are compatible. Assignments are complex and require a moderate to high degree of independent action and decision-making.
- Reviews and evaluates engineering changes and/or other specification requirements and performs technical liaison function with production planning and engineering personnel.
- Recommends alterations to development and design to improve quality of products and/or procedures.
- Prepares engineering schematics and parts lists for system components to facilitate manufacturing planning.
- May lead and direct specific and focused project team efforts to design and/or improve products or processes.
Assignments typically will include design and development, materials testing, preparation of specifications, process study, report preparation, and other activities requiring knowledge of principles and techniques commonly employed in the specific area of assignments.
Must be capable of delivering on commitments in a timely and efficient manner.
- Help develop and train personnel to improve technical skills
- Works and communicates effectively with a wide variety of functional disciplines and levels of management.
- Observe the Hitchiner code of conduct, safety and quality principles.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in material science, metallurgy, or mechanical engineering.
- Minimum of 7 years or equivalent knowledge / experience.
- Familiar with a variety of concepts within the field.
- Must possess good communication and organizational skills.
- Computer literacy is a must, including competency in general MS Office applications, technical computer modeling and statistical tools.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.