Production Supervisor, 3rd Shift
- 594 Elm St, Milford, NH 03055, USA
Founded in 1946 and headquartered in Milford, New Hampshire (USA), Hitchiner Manufacturing Co., Inc. is the premier supplier of complete-to-print, high-volume, complex thin-wall investment castings and fully-finished casting-based subassemblies and components to industry. The company leads the industry in volume production, reduced lead-times and just-in-time manufacturing. Hitchiner produces castings in hundreds of different alloys for a broad spectrum of global markets and customers that include the leaders in the automotive, aerospace, and other industries.
Prime Responsibilities and Major Factors in Evaluating Performance:
1. Supervise, direct and coordinate the activities of hourly employees.
2. Meet set goals in areas such as Line of Balance Requirements, cost goals on labor, efficiency, quality (including scrap and re-work), overtime and overhead expenses, housekeeping and employee turnover.
3. Maintain a safe working environment and meet established procedures and practices for MSDS, Lock Out/Tag Out, and Safety Committee.
4. Interview and select employees to be hired.
5. Ensure proper training and disciplines are maintained.
6. Complete employee performance reviews on schedule.
7. Recommend termination and disciplinary action.
8. Maintain compliance with all company policies and procedures.
9. Maintain accurate reports on all labor vouchers, scrap logs and process sheets.
10. Ensure effective maintenance of departmental facilities and equipment, including preventive maintenance programs.
11. Ensure all handling of hazardous materials meet regulatory requirements and attend regulatory training as required.
1. Make effective and efficient use of equipment and facilities.
2. Ensure that proper training is provided to all employees.
3. Maintain compliance with Company policies, safety standards and good housekeeping practices.
4. Participate in ongoing cost savings projects.
5. Ensures that all activities and operations are performed in compliance with the company’s Code of Conduct.
6. Performs other duties as assigned.
1. High school graduate and 2 years of supervisory experience or group leader experience.
2. Must be capable of successfully completing supervisory training as offered by the company.
3. Demonstrated supervisory skills in areas such as: leadership, foundations, communications, performance appraisal management, time management, benefits, health and safety, recruiting and interviewing, conflict resolution and ethics and policy.
4. Must have technical knowledge and ability of basic machine and/or basic inspection processes.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.