Senior Business Analyst
Hitachi Solutions Europe is a global Digital, Data and Technology consultancy, Microsoft Inner Circle and Cloud Services partner, specialising in end-to-end transformation. We build services that are user centred and accessible, designed by our brilliant agile teams, capable of harnessing the power of the latest technologies.
Our capabilities include Microsoft Dynamics 365, Power Platform and Azure, Application Modernisation, Modern Data Platform, Performance & Analytics, Fraud and Error, Grants, User Centred Design, Accessibility and Agile DevOps.
Our highly skilled team help drive improvements, creating efficiency and growth within organisations. We are committed to Microsoft technologies, with a mission to revolutionise modern businesses. To achieve this we employ the best, most dedicated talent to deliver outstanding technology solutions to both our local and global clients.
Be part of our Hitachi family
We place value on collaboration, open communication, and transparency. We emphasise the importance of team spirit, cohesion, and appreciation – And through our talented people, innovative culture, and technical and business expertise, we deliver game changing outcomes every day. Our learning culture and flat hierarchy are our recipes for success. But don´t take our word for it – Have a look at what our employees are saying: Hitachi Solutions: Recruiting the best talent and offering outstanding career opportunities (hitachi-solutions.co.uk)
What to expect, your benefits
Hitachi Solutions offers competitive compensation packages (incl. bonuses), pension and benefits plans. Work/Life balance is an essential part of our culture, and all our employees are home workers, although you will be expected to come into our or customer’s offices regularly. We operate a comprehensive career development programme that includes mentoring and training plans to ensure that you will continue to grow and develop your career at Hitachi.
This role will report into the Change, Adoption and Learning Head of Practice within Consulting and will be responsible for gathering, analysing, documenting, and validating requirements for business processes, systems and application. They play a key role in understanding business challenges, identifying opportunities for improvement, and proposing effective solutions to enhance efficiency, productivity, and overall business performance.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to elicit, document, and validate how a business or business area works, considering the people, organisation, processes, information, data and technology and document the business requirements ensuring they are clear, complete and aligned with business objectives.
- Conduct interview, workshops and meetings to understand and analyse business processes, needs and pain points.
- Use various techniques such as surveys, data analysis and process modelling to identify opportunities for process improvement.
- Lead, analyse, identify, design, prioritise and implement process and business changes to improve business and operations and services.
- Create detailed business requirements, user stories, use cases and functional specifications to communicate the requirements to the development team and other stakeholders.
- Maintain clear and concise documentation through the project lifecycle and update as necessary based on changes or additional insights.
- Lead, analyse, identify, design, prioritise and implement process and business changes to improve business operations and services.
- Analyse and interpret data to extract valuable insights, identify trends and support data-driven decision making processes.
- Define success measures and metrics.
- Provide input and feedback on proposed solutions to ensure they align with business requirements and are feasible.
- Collaborate with project managers, product owners and SMEs to design effective solutions to meet business needs.
- You apply user research skills to inform decision making and apply design principles to ensure the user interface is intuitive.
- Management of requirements and user stories through project lifecycle within Azure Dev Ops, including mgmt. of backlogs.
Testing and Quality Assurance
- Assist in defining test cases and test scenarios to validate that the developed solutions meet the specified requirements.
- Support the design, execution and assessment of business process tests and usability evaluation.
- Assess the efficiency, usability and impact of business processes and end to end services.
- Support UAT and work with stakeholders to ensure the solutions meets their expectations and is ready for deployment.
- Apply agile mindset to all aspects of your work (in applicable projects) with an iterative method and flexible approach to enable rapid delivery.
- Stay up to date with industry trends, best practices, and emerging technologies related to business analysis.
- Proactively identify areas for process improvement within the organisations and propose innovative solutions.
Business Architecture and Operating Models
- Analyse organisational landscape and strategy and can support future state architecture aligned to the strategy.
- Translate business drivers, goals and constraints into business objectives and define the required capabilities and operating models to meet these objectives.
- 5 plus years of relevant work experience in Business Analyst role.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder mgmt. skills.
- Proficiency in business analysis tools and documentation software.
- Understanding and experience of working on Government projects following Service Standard.
- Understanding and experience of project methodologies (Agile,Scrum) and Waterfall.
- Business Process and re-design experience.
- Exhibits strong leadership abilities as role model, partner and mentor to project teams and clients.
- Results-focused with strong business acumen combined with analytical and structured thinking.
- Consulting skills, including: team facilitation, conflict management, business case development.
- Ability to work in high pressure, rapidly changing environment whilst dealing with ambiguity and diversion opinions.
Beware of scams
Our recruiting team may communicate with candidates via our @hitachisolutions.com domain email address and/or via our SmartRecruiters (Applicant Tracking System) [email protected] domain email address regarding your application and interview requests.
All offers will originate from our @hitachisolutions.com domain email address. If you receive an offer or information from someone purporting to be an employee of Hitachi Solutions from any other domain, it may not be legitimate.