Business Development Director - Public Sector
- Nationwide, England, United Kingdom
- Employees can work remotely
Hitachi Solutions understand what it takes to digitally transform organisations, harnessing the power of the latest technologies and seamlessly integrating them into businesses. As a global consultancy firm working across the private and public sectors, we specialise in user-friendly business applications based on the Microsoft cloud.
With a team of experienced industry professionals, consultants and technology experts, Hitachi Solutions has a wide range of capabilities including digital transformation, ERP and CRM implementation, change management and data science & analytics. Our highly skilled team help drive improvements to many aspects of your business creating efficiencies and growth. For more information, visit https://www.hitachi-solutions.co.uk/ .
- Accountable to the Director Sales & Marketing for securing New Business orders. Accountable for the management of the commercial relationship with senior stakeholders until delivery complete.
- The Business Development Director will be accountable for achieving revenue generation through creation of leads and opportunities within the Public Sector, predominately Local & Central Government and Housing
- The Business Development Director will work with pre-sales and delivery staff to ensure tender responses are delivered to time, quality and budget.
- Creation of clients sales proposals
- Will exhibit behaviours reflected in Hitachi's missions, vision and values
- Securing the targeted volume of new orders within the business year.
- Building relationships with Microsoft sellers
- Devising marketing and other supporting plans to generate new opportunities.
- Execute assigned responsibilities in a manner consistent with Hitachi Solution Europe Ltd’s Quality Management Policy.
Key Qualification :
- Minimum of 8 years relevant industry experience, with at least 2 years in the Public Sector space
- Demonstrated ability to understand and interact with Sales, Presales, Delivery and Governance Functions, and end Customers
- Ability to motivate and influence others
- Significant accountability for managing large scale business applications bids, across a range of industries
- Demonstrated experience of building and maintaining relationships with senior executives within both Hitachi and client organisations
- Solid understanding of Government contracting. Able to manage contract modifications and lead negotiations surrounding contract scope, cost, and schedule
- Strength in problem solving complex issues including customer delivery challenges
- Excellent understanding of the project lifecycle, issue and risk management and mitigation strategies
- Ability to drive action in the project lifecycle to ensure timely execution and successful business outcomes
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines and commitments
- Commercially aware
- Strong organisation and time management skills
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, and presentation)