Presales Project Manager (focus Public Sector)
- Nationwide, England, United Kingdom
- Employees can work remotely
Hitachi Solutions understand what it takes to digitally transform organisations, harnessing the power of the latest technologies and seamlessly integrating them into businesses. As a global consultancy firm working across the private and public sectors, we specialise in user-friendly business applications based on the Microsoft cloud.
With a team of experienced industry professionals, consultants and technology experts, Hitachi Solutions has a wide range of capabilities including digital transformation, ERP and CRM implementation, change management and data science & analytics. Our highly skilled team help drive improvements to many aspects of your business creating efficiencies and growth. For more information, visit https://www.hitachi-solutions.co.uk/ .
- Accountable for presales project delivery, supported by the Presales Team and reporting to the Pre Sales Manager
- Accountable for the delivery of the presales project to an agreed budget, and timeline, and to an acceptable level of quality.
- The creation of project estimates and project plan for your allocated presales engagement.
- The ability to present and explain estimates/project plans to prospective clients to ensure their understanding and to answer any queries they may raise.
- Ensure that all internal published controls and processes are followed
- Accountable for ensuring that meeting minutes are taken at all formal meetings, including all actions, and decisions
- Acceptance that the work submitted by all presales project team members, including subcontract staff, meets the required Quality standards of the project. Any concerns over the quality of work by project team members should be raised immediately to the Sales Marketing & Alliances Director
- Planning, delegating, monitoring and controlling of the Bid Team’s activities in accordance with the bid project plan.
- Responsible for ensuring that the bid plan is resourced throughout all phases of the project lifecycle, and ensuring that all resourcing demands for the bid are managed via the agreed request process.
- Responsible for engaging with prospect(s) to understand implementation requirements.
- Responsible for defining the implementation approach to be adopted for each prospect(s) in a bid response.
- Responsible for creating a library of standard bid responses that can be used as basis when completing sales responses.
- Responsible for completion of all Implementation related questions for a bid(s).
- Responsible for ensuring that the project plan can be delivered when considering all external factors, and taking any remedial actions, and escalating as necessary.
- Review and approve any changes to the required project plan, effort, and cost with the Commercial Leads
- Responsible for ensuring that initial set risks, issues, and actions are defined, and contain the appropriate level of detail, including ownership, priority and date.
- Responsible for making the Delivery Resourcing team aware of any future resourcing requirements.
- Responsible for the handover of the Presales Project plan and estimates to Delivery.
- Execute assigned responsibilities in a manner consistent with Hitachi Solution Europe Ltd’s Quality Management Policy.
- Exhibits strong leadership qualities; strong role model, manager and/ or mentor to the project team
- Experienced at working with defined project methodologies, and project governance models
- Structure and disciplined
- Good interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to produce high quality and professional written documentation including Contracts and Presentations.
- Commercial awareness
- Conflict Resolution and Negotiation skills
In applying for a role with Hitachi Solutions Europe Limited and/or its affiliates (“Hitachi”) you consent to Hitachi collecting and storing your personal information (including your name, job title and email address) in relation to this role and any others that may be suitable in the future. For more information please refer to our Privacy
Policy located at http://www.hitachi-solutions.co.uk/privacy-policy/