Accounting Assistant (For Thailand)
- Manila, Metro Manila, Philippines
Hitachi is ranked as the 102nd largest company in the world according to Fortune 500 and operating in 100 countries. The Hitachi Solutions division has 3,000 Microsoft-focused Professionals and is one of the largest Microsoft Dynamics System Integrator across the world.
Hitachi was founded on a principle of delivering innovations that answer society’s challenges. With our talented team and proven experience in global markets, together we can Inspire the World! Hitachi prides itself on hiring a diverse workforce. We are more innovative when we bring people from all walks of life together. Our success is based on our employees who share a common commitment to innovation and creativity.
To be able to ensure the integrity of accounting information by recording, verifying, consolidating, and entering transactions in the APAC region.
- Assist the Manager in preparing and conducting analysis of the monthly management reporting, annual budget and forecast of the Group
- Support the preparation and submission of management reports within tight schedule
- Support monthly consolidation and analysis schedules preparation
- Assist interim and annual audits of the listed groups and subsidiaries, results announcements and interim / annual reports preparation
- Support inter-companies’ transactions accounting entries and fund flow arrangements
- Ensure compliance of group financial policies and procedures by business units to ensure standardization of the Group
- Handle financial issues related to the APAC Companies
- Ensure completeness and timely closure of books for all entities supported by the APAC Finance Team in accordance to Region timeline.
- Ensure ledger integrity for all entities supported by the Finance Team
- Responsible for review and timely maintenance of Profit and Loss analysis for all entries
- Review and investigate negative Intercompany parties’ margin
- Analysis of APAC Intercompany margin
- Review, upkeep and maintenance of monthly cost allocation
- Monthly allocation of shared cost based agreed basis by management
- Coordinate and ensure all APAC entities’ books and flows are completed per Corporate timeline
- Preparation and submission of Government required remittances in APAC region
- Tax and statutory compliance proficiency in Thailand setting
- Review, improve and implement internal controls, and work processes
- Any other ad-hoc duties as assigned by management
WORK SCHEDULE: 9 am to 6 pm Manila Time but may extend as the need arise
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full time position
WORK LOCATION: Work from home or BGC, Taguig City
- Ideally, you have a strong finance background, accountancy qualification preferred.
- You have a minimum of 2-3 years’ relevant experience gained in multinational environments.
- Past experience in accounting, strong knowledge or proficiency in Thailand statutory audit and tax filing, including AR and credit control process.
- You are confident, articulate and have the gravitas to communicate and present to senior management.
- You work well in ambiguous high growth environments and have a focused sense of purpose.
OUR COMPETITIVE EDGE
We work together in a dynamic and rewarding work environment. We have an experienced leadership team, excellent technology and product expertise, and strong relationships with a broad base of customers and partners.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits package, regular performance review, performance bonuses, and regular trainings.
What is it like working here?
- We pride ourselves on being industry leaders and providing an enjoyable work environment where our people can grow personally and professionally. Hitachi is the place people can develop skills they’re excited about. The following are our commitments to employees.
- We recognize our profitability and project success comes from our team—great people doing great things. As such, we pursue profitable growth and expanded opportunities for our team.
- We offer challenging and diverse work across multiple industries and reward creativity and entrepreneurial innovation.
- We respect, encourage, and support each individual needs to continually learn and grow personally and professionally. We are committed to fostering our people.
- We believe that investing in our community is just as important as investing in our organization. To that extent, we fundraise, volunteer, and allocate funds to support local charities.
- We listen. Every employee has something important to say that can contribute to enriching our environment.
- We compensate fairly. And while employees might come for the paycheck, they stay for the people. Our people are the reason we are exceptional. This is something we never forget.