- Calgary, AB, Canada
Hitachi Solutions is a core IT Company of the Hitachi Group, which employs over 330,000 people worldwide. Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, Hitachi Solutions' reach extends to group companies in Japan and abroad, working with a worldwide network of alliance partners. Through systems integration, we strive to provide ideal solutions and products to customers in a diverse set of countries and regions including Asia, North America and Europe. Using a portfolio of management consulting, implementation, and support services, we help our clients compete with the largest global enterprises leveraging powerful, affordable, and easy to use industry solutions built on Microsoft technologies. Our vision is to help you achieve your vision through superior products, prices, and people.
As an Analytics Data Engineer for Hitachi’s Azure Cloud Enablement Team you will be responsible to deliver high quality modern data solutions while being part of a dynamic and fast-growing team consisting of endless opportunities.
The successful candidate will be a self-motivated, passionate individual who strives to be the best at what he/she does and creates a trail of ecstatic Customers for life. This person will love to learn, contribute to the team and wants to be part of something great.
• Hands-on experience with the Azure Data Platform (Data Factory, Data Lake, Data Warehouse, Blob Storage, SQL DB, Analysis Services)
• Data quality (profiling, cleansing, enriching)
• Data Modeling – including design from conceptual to logical to physical data models
• Considered to be an expert in T-SQL
• Hands-on experience with MPP database technologies such as Azure SQL DW, Teradata Netezza, etc.
• Knowledge of Cap Theorum and Distributed Database Management Systems
• Opportunity for a career path into a Data Scientist role if desired
o Power BI including DAX
o Database migration from legacy systems to new solutions
o Interpreted languages (i.e. python, C-sharp, Java, Scala, etc.)
o D365FO / CE experience as it pertains to data extraction
• Proven ability to engage customers to understand customer challenges and needs to develop technical solutions
• Proven experience of architecting Azure services into a solution platform on Microsoft Azure for Analytics OR a strong level of technical experience on a competing cloud platform (i.e. AWS, GCP) with a desire to grow into an expert role on the Azure platform
• Hands on development experience with ELT/ETL using MS SQL Servicer, Oracle or similar RDBMS Platform (minimum 5 years)
• Experience or desire to coach, mentor and provide leadership to team members
• Familiarity with data visualization tools (e.g. PowerBI, Tableau etc.)
• Post-secondary degree/diploma in Business, Computer Science or a related discipline;
• Prepared for domestic and US travel as required whilst recognizing the goal is to service local customers whenever possible
o Project management experience
o Databricks and Spark SQL
o Previous Consulting experience