Corporate Accounting Assistant
- Irvine, CA
Hitachi Solutions is a core IT Company of the Hitachi Group, which employs over 330,000 people worldwide. Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, Hitachi Solutions' reach extends to group companies in Japan and abroad, working with a worldwide network of alliance partners. Through systems integration, we strive to provide ideal solutions and products to customers in a diverse set of countries and regions including Asia, North America and Europe. Using a portfolio of management consulting, implementation, and support services, we help our clients compete with the largest global enterprises leveraging powerful, affordable, and easy to use industry solutions built on Microsoft technologies. Our vision is to help you achieve your vision through superior products, prices, and people.
Assist in the day-to-day operations as well as monthly and quarterly accounting close for Corporate Finance.
• Provide accounting and administrative support to the Corporate Finance team.
• Prepare journal entries, including organizing supporting documentation.
• Reconcile general ledger accounts on a monthly basis, which may require research and analysis of unexpected variances.
• Monitor daily cash transactions and update the cash activity file.
• Process weekly employee expense reimbursement.
• Process fixed assets transactions, including acquisition, depreciation, and disposal.
• Prepare invoice and payment journals as needed.
• Support ad hoc projects as needed.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
• Proficient in MS Excel (pivot table, vlookup, sorting data)
• Comfortable with MS Word and Outlook
• Experience with ERP systems or accounting software, preferably Microsoft Dynamics AX
• Attention to detail and accuracy, and organizational skills
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to work independently and with a team
• Ability to analyze and problem solve
• Self-starter that is able to manage his or her time efficiently
• Able to multitask and manage multiple deadlines
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field
• Experience in accounting for at least 2 to 5 years
• Understanding of basic accounting principles and bookkeeping procedures
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. This role is focused on the North East region. Applicants in that geographical area will be considered.