Network Administrator/Systems Engineer
- Palo Alto, CA
Hitachi Solutions is a core IT Company of the Hitachi Group, which employs over 330,000 people worldwide. Headquartered in Tokyo, Japan, Hitachi Solutions' reach extends to group companies in Japan and abroad, working with a worldwide network of alliance partners. Through systems integration, we strive to provide ideal solutions and products to customers in a diverse set of countries and regions including Asia, North America and Europe. Using a portfolio of management consulting, implementation, and support services, we help our clients compete with the largest global enterprises leveraging powerful, affordable, and easy to use industry solutions built on Microsoft technologies. Our vision is to help you achieve your vision through superior products, prices, and people.
Provide IT support and network administrator service in San Francisco Bay Area (Palo Alto, Mountain View, etc) California. Must be Bilingual English and Japanese.
- Network administration tasks at on-site
1) Maintain Windows based network system, printer, etc.
2) Troubleshooting on LAN/Wi-Fi environment.
3) Maintain user/group administration, such as AD, GPO, WSUS, VPN, Endpoint Protection, etc.
- Network administration tasks at on-site.
1) Troubleshooting on WAN/LAN/Wi-Fi environment.
2) Maintaining network devices
Router, Firewall, Switch, WiFi AP, Virtual Machine infrastructure (Hyper-V)
- Client computer-related support to customers, at on-site
1) Maintain, support and troubleshoot on client computers.
4. H/W and S/W support to the customer by contacting vendor/s support.
1) Coordination with H/W and S/W vendor and perform IT related support to customers.
5. Prepare and provide technical services for customers.
1) Act for the preventative measures, prepare and provide necessary information for customer’s system stability.
6. Perform other work related duties as assigned.
1. Reporting to customers and/or SI manager
1) Daily Time-in/out, 2) Field Service Log, 3) for any other administration
Education, Experience, and Knowledge Required:
BS or BA in Computer Sciences or equivalent experience
3+ years of experience in system integration projects /tasks for multiple customers
Business communication and documentation skills
English and Japanese bilingual skills (verbal and written) required
Proficient knowledge of:
a) Cisco router; b) Firewall/VPN (Juniper Networks, etc.); c) WiFi (Cisco Meraki, etc.); d) Cisco Switch; e) Windows OS (Client:7/8/8.1, Server 2008/2012); f) Endpoint Protection; g) Diagnose and troubleshooting on network and client computers; h) VMware and Hyper-V;
a) Apple MacBook, Mac OS X, iOS (iPhone, iPad; b) Mobile devices (Android OS, Windows Mobile);
Must be able to work independently and as part of a team and with excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
Need to travel to customer sites on-time.
Scheduled on-site work hours- Monday-Friday eight hours per day.
MUST BE English and Japanese bilingual