Director of Manufacturing - Production Automation
- Pomona, NY, USA
The Right People for the Right Jobs.
At HireEffect, we define "right" as a combination of culture fit, shared core values, and compatibility of needs. We are always looking for outstanding professionals - both for our internal roles - and for the clients whom we serve.
Our Client, a privately-held manufacturer (injection molding plastics) based in Rockland County, NY, is seeking a Director of Manufacturing to join their growing team!
We are looking for someone to help take this plastic injection molding company to next level.
Things like new technology, robotics, sensors, and automation need to get you excited.
Data, KPIs, and metrics need to drive you to drive your team.
Reporting directly to the CEO, and as part of the Executive Team the Head of Manufacturing will quickly develop an understanding of the process and work to continuously raise the Company’s manufacturing output, quality, efficiency, gross margins, and overall performance.
As the head of manufacturing you will oversee and be accountable for the entire manufacturing function including:
- Overseeing and ensuring the smooth and consistent flow of a 24/7 manufacturing facility - this is not a 9 - 5 job.
- Maximizing capacity / minimizing downtime through process improvement and keeping the automated assembly line running smoothly - if the red light starts flashing - you need to know how to fix the issue.
- Getting things done!
- Meeting and expanding output targets and quality standards.
- Recruiting, training, supervising, motivating, and disciplining manufacturing department managers, engineers, supervisors, line operators, and support staff -- about 30 people total across 4 shifts.
- Developing and executing a preventative maintenance program.
- Developing and adhering to a metric-driven manufacturing budget - you need to understand job costing.
- Presenting to Executive Team, Customers, Prospects, and Investors.
- Creating and enforcing a culture of quality, cleanliness, efficiency, and accountability.
- Fostering a very real commitment to continuous improvement.
- Contributing to the updating and expansion of the Company’s ISO 9001:2015 certification.
This is an outstanding opportunity for an enthusiastic, talented, and experienced individual who seeks to join a growing company which prides itself on a team-oriented culture and enjoyable work atmosphere. This high-visibility position can lead to significant growth opportunities as the company continues to grow.
#Hiring #Manufacturing #automate #automation #engineering #mfg #injectionmolding #plastics #technology #innovation #robotics #jobs #job #STEM #STEMjobs
- Engineering degree (mechanical or electrical) and experience in an injection molding (plastics) manufacturing management role, ideally in a private company
- Thorough understanding of automated production and equipment
- Expertise in custom automation and production process design
- Proficiency in PLC (ladder logic) programming and with ERP processes
- Proven experience steering a data-driven manufacturing operation
- JOB COSTING experience - data collection / data analysis / budget vs. actual
- MS Office skills
- Presentation skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and referral source. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.