Senior QA Engineer
- Belfast, United Kingdom
You will have the opportunity to work hand-in-hand with the world's best-known publishers, researchers and industry thought leaders. Together you will help shape the future of technology solutions for the scholarly community. You will enjoy a flexible, collaborative and a stimulating work environment that will keep you engaged. It will be an unbeatable experience.
If you are interested in starting a progressive and gratifying career with a growth company that is charting new territory, then HighWire is the place for you!
HighWire Press has built and is building a platform for creating publishing websites using Drupal, Angular.js and other front-end technologies. We are seeking Senior QA Engineers with experience in Webservice and UI Automation testing to join the team to continue our rapid growth and expansion.
We don't build run of the mill web sites or brochure-ware. We have created a platform that is hosting thousands of sites for presenting critical scholarly material from the world's leading scientific and technical publishers. We work with content that matters.
The successful applicant will be part of HighWire's QA team testing various products and solutions as desired, often for multiple projects running concurrently. You will be expected to work proactively with both technical and business oriented project team members on a daily basis. You will be responsible to adhere to the HighWire QA practices. You must provide solutions that meet the business objectives and deliver on time, on budget with a high degree of quality.
- • Lead the analysis of business and technical requirements from a test perspective
• Create test plans, test cases and data for functional and regression testing of current and new versions of the HighWire product set.
• Follow and suggest improvements upon existing testing processes
• Participate and take ownership of ongoing improvement initiatives
• Follow and ensure adherence to defect process and provide support to resolve issues
• Build out new test capability and coverage
• Regression test suite update and maintenance
• Report progress regularly using in-house templates
• Create, maintain and update QA test documents for training, delivery and reporting purposes
• Actively mentor other members of QA team and provide guidance in automation, testing practice and relationship management
• Collaborate with other QA Engineers, Software Developers and Management.
• Provide accurate estimations of the likely timescales required to complete tasks that will form part of a project delivery.
• Provide detailed tracking and status reports on projects, driving the use of metrics and show appreciation of how they are used to influence the decision making process.
- • 5 year’s experience in software testing.
• A working knowledge of at least three of the following:
o Web UI or Webservice testing
o MySQL databases
o Structured Query Language
o Scripting – Python, Ruby, Perl, ant, java script.
• 3 years hands-on experience in testing support tools such as TestRail, JIRA, HP Quality Centre etc.
• Demonstrable knowledge of detailed QA concepts and theories, and practical implementation of these principles; ability to plan, design, estimate and schedule large scale projects; perform test plan reviews, and continual process reviews.
• Demonstrable experience of managing multiple project stakeholders with emphasis on risk management.
• Project experience with multiple OS e.g. Windows, RH Linux, SuSe Linux, Solaris.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Experience in building relationships, collaborating with and influencing cross-functional and geographical teams.
• Outstanding troubleshooting skills.
• Flexibility to cater for a variety of work demands and projects, as the business develops.
- • A third level qualification in a computing or STEM related discipline, specific academy or Industry Qualification in Software testing.
• Experience in CI and automated software testing frameworks (Jenkins, Selenium, QTP, SoapUI etc).
• Experience working in a customer centric and solution environment.
• Working knowledge of TDD or BDD.
• Performance testing (using tools like Loadrunner, JMeter, JProbe).
• Experience of QA in an agile environment.
• Specific Experience with testing Drupal or Angular JS.
• Follows industry trends across technology, competitors and regulation.
HighWire offers an outstanding total compensation package including excellent health and wellness benefits and a flexible and dynamic work environment.
HighWire is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.