- Los Gatos, CA
HighWire's mission is to extend the reach, impact, and exchange of scholarly ideas through innovative technology, exceptional service, and community engagement. Used by millions of scholarly researchers worldwide, with 1700 scholarly journals and thousands of scholarly books, HighWire provides powerful technology solutions to influential societies, university presses and independent publishers who produce high-impact journals, books, and other scholarly publications.
You will have the opportunity to work hand-in-hand with the world's best-known publishers, researchers and industry thought leaders. Together you will help shape the future of technology solutions for the scholarly community. You will enjoy a flexible, collaborative and a stimulating work environment that will keep you engaged. It will be an unbeatable experience.
If you are interested in starting a progressive and gratifying career with a growth company that is charting new territory, then HighWire is the place for you!
You will work within a small, fun, and passionate team engaging businesses in developing online content services solutions. Our strategic business consulting team typically works with the leadership teams at our client locations, supporting a wide range of engagements.
We are looking for someone that can add real value to our customer relationships, contributing to proposals and presentations to demonstrate how our customers can get the maximum value from our products and services.
Our engagement with the customer does not end with a sale, and you will have the opportunity to undertake consulting projects with the client to ensure our partnership blossoms through strategic insight and best practice advice. Strategic business consulting strives to completely understand our clients and help solve business challenges through improvements in people, process and technology.
• Assist with revenue generation activities through strategic contributions to proposals, bid presentations and product demonstrations
• Perform initial scoping of engagements to ensure we understand the needs and desires of our customer
• Define and analyze business requirements for a number of different types of engagements
• Develop high quality deliverables that are executive level presentations
• Present recommendations, findings and status to client engagement teams
• Keep abreast of industry news and trends and communicate this within the organization
• Undertake consultancy engagements that may include, but are not limited to, the following types of service:
o Best practices and process re-engineering
o Business integration planning and execution
o Analytics analysis
o Operational and IT strategy assessments and due diligence
• 5+ years experience in the field of Information Technology, Software Development or Consulting
• 2+ years of Pre-sales, Business Analysis, or Consulting work experience
• Core competencies include business requirements definition, project management, business process re-engineering, business intelligence software design and implementation, ERP implementation, and merger /integration
• Solid technical background and the ability to communicate technical information to non-technical people.
• Strong facilitation and report writing skills
• Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills
• Must be professional, action oriented and a team player
• Must have executive presence and solid presentation skills
Experience with Google Analytics or similar tools and/or Publishing industry experience would be desirable but are not essential for this role.
You want your next step to be the right one. You've worked hard to get where you are today. And now you're ready to use your unique skills, talents and personality to achieve great things. HighWire is a place where you are valued as an individual, mentored as a future leader, and recognized for your accomplishments and potential.
Working directly with clients, key decision makers and business owners across various industries and geographies, you'll move quickly along the learning curve and our clients will benefit from your fresh perspective.
HighWire offers an outstanding total compensation package including excellent health and wellness benefits and a flexible and dynamic work environment.
HighWire is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.