Frontend Developer (FTC 6 Months)
- Brighton, United Kingdom
HighWire's mission is to extend the reach, impact, and exchange of scholarly ideas through innovative technology, exceptional service, and community engagement. Used by millions of scholarly researchers worldwide, with 1700 scholarly journals and thousands of scholarly books, HighWire provides powerful technology solutions to influential societies, university presses and independent publishers who produce high-impact journals, books, and other scholarly publications.
You will have the opportunity to work hand-in-hand with the world's best-known publishers, researchers and industry thought leaders. Together you will help shape the future of technology solutions for the scholarly community. You will enjoy a flexible, collaborative and a stimulating work environment that will keep you engaged. It will be an unbeatable experience.
If you are interested in starting a progressive and gratifying career with a growth company that is charting new territory, then HighWire is the place for you!
As our Frontend Developer you will work alongside developers, user experience practitioners and visual designers to produce and build high-quality, accessible and effective interfaces.
You will work on existing websites/products, implementing new features, amending existing features, or resolving defects as part of maintenance cycles.
As a Frontend Developer your key Responsibilities are:
- Work alongside developers, user experience designers and business analysts, to produce effective front-end solutions.
- Apply best practises to produce efficient, scalable, high quality code
- Work within a team environment, across a range of projects
- Plan technical implementations with other members of the team
- Assist with the analysis of requirements, designs/wireframes in order to facilitate an effective development process and contain scope
We are currently looking for Frontend Developers to work with us on a fixed term basis until year end. There may be opportunities to extend beyond this period.
To be successful as our Frontend Developer, you will need to demonstrate the following:
- Proficiency with HTML5/CSS
- Experience with templating languages (Freemarker/Thymeleaf/Handlebars/Twig etc)
- CSS preprocessors (SCSS/LESS)
- Experience in responsive front-end development
- Experience in cross-browser compatibility best practises
- Experience with implementing accessible front-ends (AA/508)
- Good knowledge of performance best practises
- Experience in version control (GIT/SVN)
- Experience with working alongside user experience designers, business analysts/information architects
HighWire offers an outstanding total compensation package including excellent health and wellness benefits and a flexible and dynamic work environment.
HighWire is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.