Senior QA Automation Engineer (Contractor)
- Belfast, United Kingdom
You will have the opportunity to work hand-in-hand with the world's best-known publishers, researchers and industry thought leaders. Together you will help shape the future of technology solutions for the scholarly community. You will enjoy a flexible, collaborative and a stimulating work environment that will keep you engaged. It will be an unbeatable experience.
If you are interested in starting a progressive and gratifying career with a growth company that is charting new territory, then HighWire is the place for you!
HighWire Press has built and is building a platform for creating publishing websites using Drupal, Angular.js and other front-end technologies. We are seeking Senior QA Automation Engineers with experience in Webservice and UI Automation testing to join the team to continue our rapid growth and expansion.
We don't build run of the mill web sites or brochure-ware. We have created a platform that is hosting thousands of sites for presenting critical scholarly material from the world's leading scientific and technical publishers. We work with content that matters.
The successful applicant will be part of a new QA team testing various products and solutions as desired, often for multiple projects running concurrently. You will be expected to work proactively with both technical and business oriented project team members on a daily basis. You will be responsible to adhere to the HighWire QA practices. You must provide solutions that meet the business objectives and deliver on time, on budget with a high degree of quality.
- Build out highly configurable Web UI test cases using Selenium Webdriver, TestNG and Maven
- Create test framework capability to test similar workflows across different Web UI applications
- Suggest and make improvements to existing test framework
- Track and report progress regularly
- Create, maintain and update automation documents for training and maintaining automation coverage on an ongoing basis
- Actively mentor other members of QA team and provide guidance in automation best practice
- Collaborate with other QA Engineers, Software Developers and Management.
- Provide accurate estimations of the likely timescales required to complete tasks that will form part of a project delivery.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience automated software testing
- Extensive experience of the following: Selenium Webdriver, Java, TestNG, Maven
- Experience in building significant capability for Web UI test automation frameworks
- Demonstrable knowledge of detailed QA concepts and theories, and practical implementation of these principles; ability to plan, design, estimate and schedule large scale projects; perform test case reviews, and continual process reviews
- Demonstrable experience of managing multiple project stakeholders with emphasis on risk management
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience in building relationships, collaborating with and influencing cross-functional and geographical teams.
- Outstanding troubleshooting skills
- Flexibility to cater for a variety of work demands and projects, as the business develops.
- Experience in using YAML for test configuration
- A third level qualification in a computing or STEM related discipline, specific academy or Industry Qualification in Software testing.
- Experience in CI and automated software testing frameworks (Jenkins, Selenium, QTP, SoapUI etc)
- Working knowledge of TDD or BDD
- Experience in automated Visual regression
- Experience of QA in an agile environment.
- Specific Experience with Drupal Web UIs
- Follows industry trends across technology, competitors and regulation
HighWire offers an outstanding total compensation package including excellent health and wellness benefits and a flexible and dynamic work environment.
HighWire is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.