QA Engineer (6 months FTC)
- Belfast, United Kingdom
HighWire's mission is to extend the reach, impact, and exchange of scholarly ideas through innovative technology, exceptional service, and community engagement. Used by millions of scholarly researchers worldwide, with 1700 scholarly journals and thousands of scholarly books, HighWire provides powerful technology solutions to influential societies, university presses and independent publishers who produce high-impact journals, books, and other scholarly publications.
You will have the opportunity to work hand-in-hand with the world's best-known publishers, researchers and industry thought leaders. Together you will help shape the future of technology solutions for the scholarly community. You will enjoy a flexible, collaborative and a stimulating work environment that will keep you engaged. It will be an unbeatable experience.
If you are interested in starting a progressive and gratifying career with a growth company that is charting new territory, then HighWire is the place for you!
HighWire Press has built and is building a platform for creating publishing websites using Drupal, Angular.js and other front-end technologies. We are seeking QA Engineers with experience in web and UI testing to join the team to continue our rapid growth and expansion.
We don't build run of the mill web sites or brochure-ware. We have created a platform that is hosting thousands of sites for presenting critical scholarly material from the world's leading scientific and technical publishers. We work with content that matters.
The successful applicant will be part of a new QA team testing various products and solutions as desired, often for multiple projects running concurrently. You will be expected to work proactively with both technical and business oriented project team members on a daily basis. You will be responsible to adhere to the HighWire QA practices. You must provide solutions that meet the business objectives and deliver on time, on budget with a high degree of quality.
Responsibilities of our QA Engineer (FTC) will include:
- Analysis of business and technical requirements from a test perspective
- Create and execute software test plans for functional, non-functional and regression testing of current and new versions of the HighWire product set.
- Work within an agile delivery team representing end to end Quality.
- Follow and suggest improvements upon existing testing processes
- Participate in ongoing improvement initiatives
- Follow defect process and provide support to resolve issues
- Regression test suite updates
- Report progress regularly using in-house templates
- Create, maintain and update QA test documents for training, delivery and reporting purposes
- Collaborate with other QA Engineers, Software Developers and Management.
- Identify and communicate defects to the Development and Professional Services teams in an accurate and timely manner.
- Provide accurate estimations of the likely timescales required to complete tasks that will form part of a project delivery.
- Provide status reports on projects
- 3+ years’ experience in creating and maintaining test plans / test design.
- Knowledge of software development and testing support tools such as JIRA, TestRail, etc
- Experience of QA in an agile environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships, collaborate with and influence cross-functional and geographical teams.
- Ability to work on your own initiative with minimal supervision.
- Strong troubleshooting skills.
- Flexibility to cater for a variety of work demands and projects, as the business develops
- A third level qualification in a computing or STEM related discipline, specific academy or Industry
- Qualification in Software testing, or 3+ years industry experience.
- Knowledge of automation tools – building and development (Selenium, TestNG, Maven, Postman).
- Ability to automate functional tests.
- Performance testing (using tools like Loadrunner, JMeter, JProbe).
- Experience in relationship management across multiple geographic locations
- Specific Experience with Drupal and Angular UI
HighWire offers an outstanding total compensation package including excellent health and wellness benefits and a flexible and dynamic work environment.
HighWire is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome candidates from diverse backgrounds.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.